View Full Version : Huge galleries
April 17th, 2008, 02:35 AM
if any photopost users have a gallery with over 100,000 pictures please contact me, i have a few questions regarding performance.
April 17th, 2008, 03:50 AM
We've about 130.000 images at the moment. A more important factor for performance are the number of categories and albums.
April 17th, 2008, 03:54 AM
good thanks! few questions:
1. what is the link, would be honored to visit.
2. what php version are u using? we are using 5.2.5 CGI
3. what is the layout of servers? how many, how many CPU's etc. we are usign 2 servers, one for the DB, and one for the IIS. 2 CPU's per machine, upgrading to 4.
April 17th, 2008, 03:59 AM
2. PHP 5.2.5 fgci, on FreeBSD
3. Basically the same. We've a database server and a webserver. Biggest difference probably is that we're using memcache to cache the user's permission. That's the biggest bottleneck at the moment if you have a large number of categories.
April 17th, 2008, 04:04 AM
your page is generated in 0.88100 seconds with 3 queries, how did u add that comment?
another difference is the random pictures we add 30 in the index page. and no caching - with out this - i the load time is minimal.
April 17th, 2008, 04:13 AM
You can enable that output by modifying pp-inc.php. Search for $showsqldebug and set it to 1.
You'll have to use caching to get fast page generation times.
April 17th, 2008, 04:19 AM
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.