View Full Version : time stamp on the last comment and guestname?
April 11th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Some more questions as I went thru the demo or actual sites :
1) Is it possible to have time stamp on the last comment made in the gallery view[showgallery.php] ?
2) They can rotate or flip it so Why cannot the users crop a photo?
3) When guests are allowed how can they post their names ( and possibly not allowed to use a registered name)
April 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
1. Not without some sort of code modification as that is not an option to show there.
2. Simply put thats a feature in a graphics program for a home computer which is out of scope on a server's image processor. The processor can only resize an image to dimensions you state in the program setup. The program can crop a thumbnail from the center. But letting a user select some hand drawn area is not a part of things.
3. All guests are tracked by IP. There is no username entered it will show as Unregistered on the posts.
April 11th, 2008, 09:30 AM
2. But letting a user select some hand drawn area is not a part of things.
But why not, please see ... http://php.amnuts.com/demos/crop-canvas/interactive.php or sites like
http://www.phixr.com/ and many others, in fact, running php, mysql
April 11th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thats a hand coded php application in use special on that site. It is not an online php gallery. You really can not compare that. If you look at any of the commercially sold galleries none of them have the features of a graphics editing program.
April 11th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I am little bit confused, all php scripts are handcoded, are not they?
If original writer/s of photopost are there with this site please ask
to take a look at .... below
I think these same codes can be added where 'rotate' etc are done.
April 11th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I am merely answering your question saying this is not a function of the software and that I do not know any gallery that can do what your looking to do in regards to that crop function.
Users of the software can surely place suggestions for future versions n our suggestions forum but currently there is no such functionality
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.