PDA

View Full Version : Multiple categories?

DSD
April 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I've been running an older version of photopost for a while now, and am thinking about upgrading.

My main purpose in upgrading would be to allow users to upload a photo and have it listed in both their member's gallery, and in a larger directory.

for example, I run a Jeep forum, and would like to user to upload a photo of a Jeep Wrangler to their member's gallery, and have the ability to list this photo in a Wrangler category with other user's Wranglers.

One other thing that would be nice would be for users to be able to create subcategories in their member's gallery (I could have a DSD member's gallery, then DSD's birthday photo's under that).

Are these things possible in the latest version?

Chuck S
April 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
You can assign personal albums to other categories or members gallery

You can allow assigning of a photo into up to 2 additional categories on upload.

DSD
April 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM
You can assign personal albums to other categories or members gallery

I'm not sure I understand this. Does this mean that I the admin can make a subcategory for the users, then grant them permissions?

You can allow assigning of a photo into up to 2 additional categories on upload.

Sweet.

Chuck S
April 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
No this means users can create personal albums and assign them to categories if you wish them to.

DSD
April 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I'm having trouble getting my head around this...

I have a personal album named DSD that I can upload to. I can then create another gallery named DSD's Jeep, and assign that album to the Jeep category? Could I then make a DSD's gokart personal album and assign that to the gokart category?

This sounds pretty cool.

Chuck S
April 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
You can assign personnel albums to categories or another album yes.

You can upload to up to two optional categories on upload yes.