View Full Version : message board even with forum integration

April 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I would like my message board to work, even though I am integrated with SMF..

I used the integration just in case I wanted to run a forum, and style integration, but once registered, I have users redirected back to the galleries. I would like the message board to run. Is this possible?

April 5th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Well, seems like you can still pull it up when you run the board.php file and remove the following:

if ( $Globals['vbversion'] != "photopost" )
header( "Location: {$Globals['maindir']}/index.php" );

Will it hurt anything if I enable it with the integration?

Chuck S
April 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Your free to modify the code to your liking although we do not support such changes. I dont think your gonna hurt anything might get confusing to your users though having two forums.

April 6th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I was wondering what reason there was why it still wasn't available with integration. To avoid confusion would make sense.
I just edited the forum to basically do the same thing..
thanks for the input!

Chuck S
April 6th, 2008, 05:18 PM
why would we show the internal forum if you are integrating with a forum? See what i mean there. its a standalone option to show as a mini forum when the gallery is not integrated with a forum.

May 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Chuck, Since I moved servers, I did not reinstall with forum integration. Can integration still be accomplished by importing my current PP database into my SMF database, or is this not possible?

May 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM

Chuck S
June 5th, 2008, 08:29 AM
It would only be possible if you created some custom script to import those smf users into photopost users table and then reinstall photopost as an internal install.