PDA

View Full Version : message board even with forum integration

skidpics
April 5th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I would like my message board to work, even though I am integrated with SMF..

I used the integration just in case I wanted to run a forum, and style integration, but once registered, I have users redirected back to the galleries. I would like the message board to run. Is this possible?

skidpics
April 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Well, seems like you can still pull it up when you run the board.php file and remove the following:

if ( $Globals['vbversion'] != "photopost" )
{
header( "Location: {$Globals['maindir']}/index.php" );
exit;
}

Will it hurt anything if I enable it with the integration?

Chuck S
April 6th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Your free to modify the code to your liking although we do not support such changes. I dont think your gonna hurt anything might get confusing to your users though having two forums.

skidpics
April 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I was wondering what reason there was why it still wasn't available with integration. To avoid confusion would make sense.
I just edited the forum to basically do the same thing..
thanks for the input!

Chuck S
April 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
why would we show the internal forum if you are integrating with a forum? See what i mean there. its a standalone option to show as a mini forum when the gallery is not integrated with a forum.

skidpics
May 23rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Chuck, Since I moved servers, I did not reinstall with forum integration. Can integration still be accomplished by importing my current PP database into my SMF database, or is this not possible?

skidpics
May 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Anyone?

Chuck S
June 5th, 2008, 07:29 AM
It would only be possible if you created some custom script to import those smf users into photopost users table and then reinstall photopost as an internal install.