PDA

View Full Version : Upload and then things go blank

StanJensen
March 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I uploaded some photos to a reinstalled photpost.

http://www.clubadventist.com/gallery/index.php

I was able to upload 4, and then after that things go to a que. Not sure why. When i try to complete that, it takes me to a blank screen..

HELP???

Any ideas?

Chuck S
March 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM
This should help.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1219346&postcount=2

StanJensen
March 29th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Did that... still not working... it goes to a blank page instantly

Chuck S
March 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Try also clearing all directories under your uploads directory.

StanJensen
April 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
is that in the control panel? or something that i need to ftp into?

Chuck S
April 9th, 2008, 07:53 AM
The first and last suggestions are both something you would ftp to your site and do in the photopost directory. You will see the uploads directory in the photopost directory simply clear all directories beneath uploads.

StanJensen
April 9th, 2008, 12:10 PM
ok deleted every file/folder in there, and yes, they were ones people had uploaded and were not able to see..

I reuploaded on of mine that was rejected and got this error message

"There was a problem looking up this post in our database."

StanJensen
April 9th, 2008, 12:12 PM
This should help.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1219346&postcount=2

This is correct right?

error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
ini_set("memory_limit", "48M");
ini_set("max_execution_time", 0);
if ( VB3_INTEGRATION == "off" )
{
// Let's work from one variable

Chuck S
April 9th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Yes that looks correct

As far as this

There was a problem looking up this post in our database

what are you doing as that does not look like a photopost message?

StanJensen
April 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
That was a message at that time, I have not been able to duplicate it. I was in photopost, I believe it is tied in with my forum database.

I still am not able to upload any photos...

There must be a switch I have not switched or something.....

Chuck S
April 10th, 2008, 03:57 PM
what do to mean you cant upload? you still get a white page have you cleared your uploads directory. added the lines noted. Do small files upload?

StanJensen
April 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Small one worked fine...

I did get the white page for larger files...

The large one was 1.8 MB 2112 x 2816

Chuck S
April 10th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Have you tried seeing if you have imagemagick on the server?

Common issue with GD2 you can also try limiting filesizes in admin edit usergroups to see if that helps.

StanJensen
April 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
the server is a VPN, if it is not there I should be able to put it there. Where would it go? (just hoping you might know)

StanJensen
April 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM
All the settings in the groups are at 0, which i think is unlimited? Correct?

Chuck S
April 10th, 2008, 05:12 PM
If you have control on the server to install programs via the ssh then you can install imagemagick based on these instructions. Some vpns actually have imagemagick as a program you can install from your web control panel

http://www.photopost.com/installphp.html

Yes 0 is unlimited so if you test and see what sizes your gd can handle and can not you can limit users to upload ads to a certain size so they dont get the white page

tteal
August 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
I have the same issue and believe that it might be related to the file size? I get the internal 500 thing and cannot process hundreds of pictures that I just took :-(

Chuck S
August 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Yes you can not process most likely hundreds of files using GD2 since it is part of PHP. you can do things like tweak PHP with the line above to give more memory to PHP and set filesize limits in edit usergroups among other things. If you have Imagemagick on the server I suggest using that.

tteal
August 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Yes you can not process most likely hundreds of files using GD2 since it is part of PHP. you can do things like tweak PHP with the line above to give more memory to PHP and set filesize limits in edit usergroups among other things. If you have Imagemagick on the server I suggest using that.

Chuck,
I don't control the server, therefore, I won't be tweaking the *.ini files or anything else on the server. I tried using imagemagic and I get an error which makes me believe it's not there or the path is different. Also, we're not talking about hundreds of files..... we're talking about 75 files that are all approx 2 meg each. To boot, they are all muscle cars and hooters girls.... so help me out B=0B=0B=0

Chuck S
August 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
they can not be more than 2 mb or they are dropped and there is not much more I can do for you but to suggest the tweak above. try doing 10 at a time see if that helps

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1219346-post2.html

xluk
March 11th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Chuck, would it be hard to change the code so, instead of a blank timeout page, we can show some kind of warning to the user? eg. The warning can suggest that they try to resize their image before uploading it. Just a suggestion and thanks for working on the new Betas - looking good.

Chuck S
March 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
well not really the easiest thing to do which is why it has never changed.

we tried some type of detection years ago but it was unreliable. GD2 is part of PHP of it shuts down PHP which is why you get a blank page.

There are numerous posts when using GD2 to alter your PHP memory_limit through your php.ini file or use the ini_set line.

xluk
March 13th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Yeah I spotted those, thanks. I'm going to try and use ImageMagick instead as, reading your posts, that's less likely to result in blank pages.

Chuck S
March 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM
yes indeed Imagemagick is better

Tiryaki
February 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM
have a similar problem with a blank page while uploading larger files.

how can i change from gd2 to imagemagick?
imagemagick is installed on the server and the path is /usr/bin

Chuck S
February 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM
You can set your processor and full path to it in global options and config settings in admin.

Tiryaki
February 25th, 2011, 09:09 AM
You can set your processor and full path to it in global options and config settings in admin.

what do you mean by full path?
my hoster says that the imagemagick is reachable at /usr/bin
and that the comman is /usr/bin/convert

which of them should i use for the confing settings?

Chuck S
February 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
/usr/bin/mogrify

That is the proper path if its at /usr/bin

Tiryaki
February 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
ok, now using imagemagick.

thank you..

Chuck S
February 25th, 2011, 01:04 PM
No problem enjoy your weekend.