PDA

View Full Version : Slow Photopost gallery after 6.02

kisii
March 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Just upgraded from 5.21 to version 6.02 of PP. I have noticed that right after the install, my gallery has become really really slow. I'm not sure whats causing it but one thing I am for sure not that its not my ISP speeds. Iam connecting at 50Mbps downloads and Mbps uploads. Moving items from one category to another is an impossible task now, videos even are painful to watch...what to do? Chuck i know you have hard and seen it all, any insight will be higly appreciated.

PS: during the install, the only script that error ed out / timed out that I had to skip it was the 5.5 ----> 5.6, i just skipped it over because i tried several times. Everything else ram just fine.

i have tried adding this to the pp-inc.php file but no luck either:
ini_set("max_execution_time",60);

kisii
March 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Chuck- i had provided you a username for the same site.

Chuck S
March 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
i do not see any pm with info from you but my suggestion is try turning off your category cache.

kisii
March 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
i sent it to your comcast email.
I have turned it off, not much of a difference.

kisii
March 31st, 2008, 06:53 PM
After trying many things over and over again and of course the hosting company was not much help, i noticed that even accessing the database was slow. i therefore went ahead and created a copy of my database on another server and linked it to my PP install. So far, its beautiful. I am at the speeds prior to the upgrade now - probably even better. The one difference besides the new servers is I used MySQL Databases version 5.0 instead of 4.0 . Hopefully this will help someone if they ran into the same issues.

Chuck S
March 31st, 2008, 08:11 PM
All that tells me is its an issue with your current host and their database server ;)

kisii
April 1st, 2008, 11:14 AM
they didn't want to admit it and no one could even suggest to do what i did. I'm a happy camper now!- just cant explain the coincidence of when i upgraded to 6.02.

Chuck S
April 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
LOL yeah but your test proved the issue