PDA

View Full Version : Banner Ad Placements:

doc1975
March 19th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Regarding banner advertisements, is it possible to place banners in particular categories within both the classifieds and photo gallery pro programs?

For example, I'd like the ability to offer category sponsorships of up to 8 available slots for small banner ads to be place at the top of category A, another 8 available slots for category B, etc...

As i will have vendors/sellers/merchants etc, that only deal with items within category A, so it would benefit them to target an audience that's already in the market for what they offer.

- thanks!

Chuck S
March 19th, 2008, 09:17 AM
How about the category intro box? You could use that for some banner ads thats category specific

doc1975
March 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM
How about the category intro box? You could use that for some banner ads thats category specific

That would be great, but i'm concerned about the character limit... not sure, but I think it's limitted to 400 characters or so, so not sure if this would be ideal for what i'm looking to do. If it weren't for the limit, i believe it would serve the purpose i need as its located exactly where i would be placing the small banner ads anyway. Thoughts?

Chuck S
March 21st, 2008, 02:36 PM
The introcopy field in a category has not limit it is a text field.

doc1975
March 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM
The introcopy field in a category has not limit it is a text field.

What is "the introcopy field", as I do not see this in the admin panel when viewing the 'edit categories' section, ppclassifieds.

Chuck S
March 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
what that means is you can place however length data you wish under edit categories for the intro field

doc1975
March 25th, 2008, 04:53 PM
does that apply to version 2.61 as I have not upgraded at this point.

Chuck S
March 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
it should the category intro box is a text field in the categories table.