View Full Version : Time settings, username
March 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
1) When viewing the admin log, the time shown for actions is incorrect, How do I set the time, to my time zone.
2) When registering, on the last field it says:
Time Zone offset
Current adjusted time: Tue March 11, 2008 11:07pm
What does this option mean for the user? :confused:
3) Also when registering the first collumn where it should say "Name".
It just has : . How do I fix this?
March 11th, 2008, 03:32 PM
1. You sure you have your offset and gmt time set correct I would not think you do as we have this in our file
$odate = $odate + ($User['offset'] * 3600) + ($Globals['gmtoffset'] *3600);
2. That gives the user the time so they can compare to their time and input the correct offset say 1 versus -1 etc
3. You sure when you upgraded you upgraded your language file?
You should have this in your language file
$Globals['pp_lang']['name'] = "Name";
March 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hello Chuck, I just checked the languge, fix the issue, Thanks
But I'm still having trouble on the time issue, I just modified something, and it logged at 2:44 am, and I'm 3:44pm. Where would I look to check the code?
March 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
well this depends on your site. If your integrating with invision or vbulletin your GMT time offset in global options should be set to add back in your server time to GMT so if your server is in california you put 8 in there.
If your not using those forums then your simply using the regular server time correction offset in that case edit your profile and change your offset to the correct offset.
March 12th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I added 19, to time zone offset in profile>edit pro for> time zone offset. And it corrected. thanks chuck :D
March 12th, 2008, 04:21 PM
19 wow where are you?
March 21st, 2008, 04:10 AM
:D I just logged in today, seen your reply, im amazed myself on the 19, I dont get it either, Im in Houston, Tx
March 21st, 2008, 09:13 AM
Houston Texas I would think you want 6 to bring things back to GMT and then make sure your vb profile has -6 in your profile timezone or so.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.