PDA

View Full Version : problem with smf integration login

skidpics
March 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I decided to run the SMF forum - much easier to manage than phpbb. with members and all.

I have it installed, new installation of photopost, and smf - got 2 admin logins, but logging into photopost gives me nothing.. it lets you register and all

It stated login successfull when you login into PP, but it is like I never logged in..

Is this a cookie problem or a usergroup issue?

Here are the default group settings:

groupid groupname
1 Administrator 1
2 Global Moderator
3 Moderator
4 Newbie
5 Jr. Member
6 Full Member
7 Sr. Member
8 Hero Member
100 Guests

I have a test admin login, if you need it.

Chuck S
March 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Did you properly install photopost to integrate with SMF? This is where I would look if I where you. Basically SMF is much like phpbb3. You need to specify the cookie name on install or your never going to be logged into the application. At any rate when asking for support on our forums please post a site link and test login so we may assist and actually tell you what we beleive the issue is for real.

skidpics
March 7th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Did you properly install photopost to integrate with SMF? This is where I would look if I where you. Basically SMF is much like phpbb3. You need to specify the cookie name on install or your never going to be logged into the application. At any rate when asking for support on our forums please post a site link and test login so we may assist and actually tell you what we beleive the issue is for real.

The only thing I never put in, so I changed the forum cookie on forum information to install to SmfCookie10 and it seems to get me into the admin login. I never entered a value there before. If I run into other problems, I will post some login info . thanks for all the help! It seems to be working now, all due to a cookie setting.

Now, how to I get it so you can switch from the forum and the gallery without habving to login in twice?

Chuck S
March 7th, 2008, 10:26 AM
This is all cookies here

Your forum and photopost need to be set the same as cookies only work over one domain name

cookie path /

cookie domain .domain.com note the period so it is read over all subdomains

cookie name SmfCookie10 or whatever is in your forum they must match

skidpics
March 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I see and done, same cookie, both places. seems to be working. thanks for All the help..

Chuck S
March 7th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Not a problem glad to assist.

skidpics
October 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
same problem Chuck with SMf integration. Using 1.1.6 - testing some features of SMF out..

Got my path set to /

got my domain set to .piqueshare.com

got my cookie set to SMFCookie742

Login to SMF, not logged into PP

login to PP - logged in to SMF
Logout PP, logout of SMF

seems like it is not taking the login over from SMF TO PP

Piqueshare Community - Beta - Index (http://piqueshare.com/Beta/forum)

Chuck S
October 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I would check to ensure both your cookies are set correctly. If they are not then you are not going to have a correct login.

skidpics
October 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM
both cookies are correct - SMFCookie742

I can login via the forum, and I will NOT be logged into PP

I can login to PP and be logged in SMF, but I cannot logout from SMF - If I log out from PP, I am logged out of both..

Chuck S
October 13th, 2008, 06:20 AM
You would have to post a url and test login here for us to see definately sounds like your cookies are not correctly aligned though.

skidpics
October 13th, 2008, 07:22 PM
You would have to post a url and test login here for us to see definately sounds like your cookies are not correctly aligned though.

user:chuckster
pass: chuck1ster

Piqueshare Community - Beta - Index (http://piqueshare.com/Beta/forum/index.php)

Chuck S
October 14th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Is this a BETA?

Chuck S
October 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I logged into Photopost I was logged into the gallery and forum

Logging into the forum is only going to log me into the forum because as I noted in this discussion your cookies are not aligned and this is correct.

Your forum cookie path is set to this

/Beta/forum/

Photopost is site wide like this

/

You must set your forum cookie global and you will be fine.

skidpics
October 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Got it and fixed. the setting in SMF :

Use subdomain independent cookies - Allows for the use of subdomain independent cookies.

Thanks for the pointer

Chuck S
October 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Not a problem glad to assist.

skidpics
October 15th, 2008, 06:39 AM
oe more question - If I install SMF and reinstall PP with the old database, but user base for SMF I know the pictures will not belong to anyone.

what happens if I set up the same user group in SMF that the pics belong to in PP - will it keep the ownership then?

Chuck S
October 15th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Not really the userid's are all different and whom will things belong to. If all the same usernames are in SMF you can try the userfix script posted in the import forum and see if that helps but no guarantee if the same users do not exist in the forum

skidpics
October 15th, 2008, 08:09 AM
well, I did manually import the users (most of them) to SMF - with a new password generated - so they are there.

They do not belong to the same group, so that might cause a problem.

I checked the import forum, but all there is coppermine and vb

Chuck S
October 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM
There is a userfix script posted there so once you clear your photopost usergroups table run photopost install to integrate with smf try this script afterward

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/115240-reassign-userids-when-switching-integrations-vbulletin.html

skidpics
October 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
okay, so once you reinstall PP with user database of SMF and leave the data database alone, logins from the forum can occur.

The only problem is that even after retreiving the user groups, I had to manually edit via mysql to user group 5 to gain admin access - how to we integrate the administrator access from SMF into PP, or do I have to complete delete the original user groups, and import them that way?

skidpics
October 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM
never mind, we have to figure out which user group is #5 after the import..

Chuck S
October 18th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Not a problem have a good weekend.

skidpics
October 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
It seem like if you manually add the users you have in PP to SMF, then re-install PP ontop of Smf with just user integration, the photo pointers stay the same. It would be nice if there were an import utility for sure to import users into SMF..

Chuck S
October 22nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
That would be something for SMF to consider I suppose as VB has one.

skidpics
October 22nd, 2008, 09:24 AM
You are right on that Chuck, and I may request it for other users.

Okay . The admin usergroup is group 5 in PP, but in SMF it is the 'jr. member group. How do I change the default admin group it searched for (5) to a (1)??

skidpics
October 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
with the integration of SMF into the same database, I reinstalled PP with external integration. Now, most of my images are gone, even though none of that changed.. What needs to be checked in order to get the images back? /data/ does have a backslash

and the other problem I see may occur is that as the user posts increase, the users membership will increase, thus passing the admin group setting sooner or later since group 5 is the Jr. Member membership (50 posts).. Below is their level, with user group 5 edited so I can access the PP admin. It is turned off from counting as user posts

USer group 1 is admin for SMF - User group 5 is admin in PP

Edit Delete 1 Administrator #FF0000 -1 0 5#staradmin.gif
Edit Delete 2 Global Moderator #0000FF -1 0 5#stargmod.gif
Edit Delete 3 Moderator -1 0 5#starmod.gif
Edit Delete 4 Newbie 0 0 1#star.gif
Edit Delete 5 Piqueshare Support -1 0 6#star.gif
Edit Delete 6 Full Member 10 0 3#star.gif
Edit Delete 7 Sr. Member 100 0 4#star.gif
Edit Delete 8 Hero Member 500 0 5#star.gif

Chuck S
October 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
You would need to correctly install ;photopost to integrate with SMF which means deleting the usergroups table in the photopost database and reinstalling photopost so everything aligns correctly.

Now as far as keeping images aligned to the proper people there is a userfix script in the import forum you can try to update peoples userid's but as noted in many switch integration threads you need to make sure the users are in SMF.

I cant say why your images would be gone without seeing the actual site in question.

skidpics
October 23rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
okay - deleting the usergroups and reinstalling fixed the admin issue, once I got the settings right.

let me ask you this, since I had to pointer to the data gallery wrong, /galleries/data instead of /data, those images got dropped out of the galleries.

If I import my database backup I did before the integration, it should pick those pics back up, correct?

Chuck S
October 23rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Yes it should I would think