PDA

View Full Version : How can I change a category link?

douffle
February 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Anyone know how to change a category link?
I have one category that I want users to agree with some rules before entering.

I want to change the category link so that if a user clicks on this category, it will point to a page that sets out the rules. Just below the rules will be two links. One link is "I Agree" and if they click this one, it will take them to the category and the second link is, of course, "I do not agree", in which case it will take them back to the home page.

I think I am OK with setting up the links in the "rules" page that will take them either to the category or to the home page but I don't know how to change the original category link that was created when I added that category in the admin.

Thanks.

Chuck S
February 24th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Category Links are not changable without seriously causing issues with the program and how things work. if you have rules you want to set up my not change the settings field in the settings table to a text field instead of varchar which is limited to 255 characters which is why cat intro's have a limit and use the category intro featue in admin to display rules above specific categories?

douffle
February 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Actually I had considered that but I wanted to have them click a link or something to indicate their acceptance of the rules before entering that particular category. Any thoughts on how this might be achieved? (without a major coding change of course. :) )

Chuck S
February 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Nope this would involve code modification and you are free to post in THE MOD CORNER outside product support on things like this not covered under produt support.

douffle
February 25th, 2008, 02:10 AM
OK, thanks Chuck.

Chuck S
February 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM
No problem have a good day.