PDA

View Full Version : Photos not showing up after upload

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
When uploading, everything appears fine. No errors and a successful upload message yet no image anywhere. Permissions are all set to 777. What am I missing?

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Do you have a link and test login? What size file are you trying to upload? is it under php's default size restriction of 2mb?

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 03:15 PM
http://photopost/index.php
login: test login
PW: password

Now I can't upload anything. I get this error:

Unable to move file [/tmp/phphuWCVD] -> [/var/www/vhosts//httpdocs/photopost/uploads/2/article2.jpg]

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Safe mode was on. Fixed now. Thanks!

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Glad to see you found your issue if there is anything else we can do to assist let me know.

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Do you have a link and test login? What size file are you trying to upload? is it under php's default size restriction of 2mb?

Ok, i have a test forum and a live forum. When I upload a 3mb pic to the test forum, it resizes it and posts it. When I upload the same pic to the live forum, nothing happens. No pic to be found. The Upload photos options are identical in both forums.

Any ideas?

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Are these different servers? I say that because as noted in my initial reply a default php setup is limited to 2mb. You can view in admin options the phpinfo link and see what your upload max filesize is set to in PHP. This would be the largest filesize allowed. You can only upload larger files if you alter the servers php setup.

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yes they are different servers. I increased the upload size to 4mb and now after four tries I get a blank white page at photopost/uploadphoto.php Even with smaller files.

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM
If your using GD2 you might need to also want to increase the memory_limit in php to like 48M as GD2 is part of PHP and will sometimes crash php if the memory gets consumed. Your best thing to avoid this is to install Imagemagick on the server.

http://www.photopost.com/howtoinstall-php.html

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks. I increased the memory to 48 and it does not time out anymore. But now I have a new problem. The thumbnails look fine but the large images are all black.

GD2 works great on my shared server but on the virtual dedicated I am having all kinds of problems. Imagemagick looks like a total pain to install.

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 08:18 PM
on a virtual dedicated you should have ssh access and imagemagick is not that hard to install and some hosts even have it able to install as an addon in the webhosting control panel

Please as I noted earlier post a link to your site so we can respond further. The one posted does not appear to have any photos. I would need to see your site to be able to suggest what is wrong with your large image. First thing to check would be that the global options in admin for the url and server path to data are correct and then after that check to ensure they are correct in admin storage options.

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I did post a link and username in post #3

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Is that the same site as noted as you posted later you have a live and test site? I just viewed the site when I posted and it has no photos hense I figured you where talking about some other site. ;)

http://www.metalartistforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5&cat=500

That site seems fine.

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Sorry, i deleted the image. Its back now.

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I do not understand what is wrong with the image actually because mine shows fine. Please send via pm your admin login.

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I do not understand what is wrong with the image actually because mine shows fine. Please send via pm your admin login.

Thats strange. The thumbnails are fine but the image is black on two different computers. I think it it related to the image size because when I reduced another image of the same size it shows up.

Ill PM my admin details.

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Can you post a link to an image you have issue with here so we can try things. Anything I upload appears to work fine.

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Well, now its gone. And I just received this email:

I'm sorry, but the photo you submitted to Metal Artist Forum, titled
"cellist1", has been deleted. Some reasons for photo deletions include:

-Images that were partially uploaded/incomplete
-Broken images
-Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image itself)
-Images that did not conform to our published site contribution and usage guidelines such as offensive images

If you would like to submit another photo, please return to our photo upload form:

Is this an automated message??

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Now some of the images you uploaded are being deleted as well.

I'm sorry, but the photo you submitted to Metal Artist Forum, titled
"Green_Sea_Turtle", has been deleted. Some reasons for photo deletions include:

-Images that were partially uploaded/incomplete
-Broken images
-Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image itself)
-Images that did not conform to our published site contribution and usage guidelines such as offensive images

If you would like to submit another photo, please return to our photo upload form:

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Yes I was playing around with images I uploaded as well as got rid of the broken one of yours since it was no good. As noted could you please post a link to an image your having trouble with so I can try uploading it and see if I can find anything out.

DTSS
February 11th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Well, it seems to be working fine now. I didnt even change anything. The image that was all black looks fine now. If it acts up any, ill reply back. Thanks for the help

Chuck S
February 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Not a problem all I did was lower your thresholds maybe they where causing your gd2 to whig out.