PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Classified Questions!

Majbritt
February 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hello,

I have some questions about PhotoPost Classified. If you add that to your forum, can the members run real auctions, like ebay auctions? And can the auctions be held private, so other bidders can't see who bid (my members prefer that as they don't like to bid against each other).

Chuck S
February 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hello I dont know what you mean by real auctions but there is a auction feature and bidding is allowed. You can not see someone's max bid etc to know how much to outbid but if there is more than one bid on an ad you can see a history of who bid.

Majbritt
February 6th, 2008, 11:00 AM
So you can see the bidding history and who actually bid, right? And you can't make that private (like on ebay)?

Is there a place where you can see the auction style bidding in action? The website with the cars they refer to does not have the auction part, only fixed price selling.

Chuck S
February 6th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Actually when you upload an ad if its enabled you check whether to allow bidding and it would be an auction versus regular ad.

Majbritt
February 6th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks, that sounds good.

Last I just want to hear if it was possible to make auctions private. It sounds like it's not, but I just want to be sure. Can sellers make the auctions private so the bidders can't see who they are bidding against?

Chuck S
February 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
You can edit the template or php file showproduct and remove the link to show the bid list sure.