PDA

View Full Version : Which should I install Photopost or VB Gallery ?

Arika
February 3rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
I think i am going to go and buy the software =] , I never knew you guys have both vb gallery and photopost. i don't want to go bother with trying to install both and see , just simply which one is better ? Concerning queries, which doesn't put a lot of cpu load or eat a lot of resouces, security issues ( that is very important to me) and easy installation , and template integration ( i mean it just copy the template of the forum easily without issues.

Chuck S
February 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
well my vote is for Photopost Pro as it has more features than vbGallery

Here is a comparison and queries should be the same in both.

http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

There are alot of threads in this forum on the subject comparing the two.

ttnb
February 4th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I am using both of them. Photopost pro has more features than VBgallery. However, vbgallery is well intergated with Vbulletin. For example:
-when you click to view profile of one member, vbgallery will show you his album information too and photopost takes you to its own pages(which is different and seperate from vbulletin profile).

-With vba you can have the funct to show its pictures on forum home without any hacks.

Well, which one to chooes is depends on your need

Chuck S
February 4th, 2008, 08:30 AM
-With vba you can have the funct to show its pictures on forum home without any hacks.

That is technically untrue! ;) That is a hack as well vbgallery changes the default vb templates and adds code to generate a photo block there much the same way Photopost Pro does. Anytime some program changes the default nature of a program it is considered a hack.

Arika
February 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
That is technically untrue! ;) That is a hack as well vbgallery changes the default vb templates and adds code to generate a photo block there much the same way Photopost Pro does. Anytime some program changes the default nature of a program it is considered a hack.

Hey Chuck what about the security of each software, i heard vb gallery had a lot of security issues, what about photopost ?

Chuck S
February 4th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Photopost Pro is fine no open security issues. vbGallery had one but that should be fixed as well.

Arika
February 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Photopost Pro is fine no open security issues. vbGallery had one but that should be fixed as well.

Ok one last question =] do i need server access to install either product ? or is an ftp access is fine ? Also if i want to get help with installation because i looked over some threads and some ppl had issues installing photopost or vb gallery. is there a specific fee for installing the gallery ?

Chuck S
February 4th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Yes ftp access is fine and if you want us to do an install you can purchase an install fee from our sales page it is 59.00

Arika
February 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yes ftp access is fine and if you want us to do an install you can purchase an install fee from our sales page it is 59.00

Can you link me to it Chuck ? I only found the 120$

Edit: nvm found it =]