PDA

View Full Version : Admin permissions

calaf
February 2nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
I have got the gallery installed and integrated, but if I access it from vbulletin as a normal registered user I get the link to and it clicks through to the admin area.

Obviously I don't want normal users to have admin access, how can I stop this happening please. I did clear cookies and log in again but it still hapened.

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Well first thing I would suggest is you check to ensure your not logged in as admin because when you install with vb access the only group that has admin access is usergroup 6 and usergroup 5 which are admins and super moderators. You can login as admin and go to edit usergroups in the photopost admin and set permissions for each group you wish and you should be fine.

calaf
February 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
there are no links on the left menu for usergroups, there are 2 gaps where I think the users and usergroup links should be.

I have logged out and cleared all cookies, temp folders history etc, and rebooted but its still happening :( I have not logged on as admin at all today and have hecked that there are no temp files in the memory as well :confused:

calaf
February 3rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
B=0 Found it!!

There was a place to edit the usergroups lower down and I have it sorted now, Thanks a lot :D

Chuck S
February 3rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
Not a problem enjoy your weekend.

fucy626
July 4th, 2008, 09:57 PM
B=0 Found it!!

There was a place to edit the usergroups lower down and I have it sorted now, Thanks a lot :D

where is it?

Chuck S
July 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
You set permissions in admin edit usergroups for what permissions you wish certain groups to have.

fucy626
July 4th, 2008, 11:19 PM
i just tested.
its kinda werid
I use my other computer, and login as registered user (test username), I didnt see the "admin" , then I use admin to log in, i saw the "admin".
then I log out admin and log in as registered user, I see the "admin" is there and clickable into admin panel. why is that?

Chuck S
July 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM
That would only be because your logged in as admin not a regular user. Your only going to get into admin when your logged in as an admin.