PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Photopost

dawgbone
January 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Hi.
We are having a problem with our Photopost site this morning. One of the URLs to view the category is http://www.redtag.ca/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/588. The screen comes up blank with the message "no input file specified. If you view the URL as http://www.redtag.ca/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=588 it's fine but I was told that displaying the URL that way is not good for search results. Yesterday the site was fine and to my knowledge, nothing has been changed. Can you tell me what's up?

Thanks!

Valli

Chuck S
January 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
In Admin => Global Options turn off the option for spider urls. Your server can not process those.

dawgbone
January 11th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the response Chuck. I did that as a temporary fix but as no one is owning up to having made a change to the Admin options, I thought that maybe there was a bug. I know that the owners here would prefer that the spiders be set to 'yes'. Since it was working yesterday, someone MUST have gone into Admin and changed that option from 'no' to 'yes' and that is what caused the problem.

dawgbone
January 11th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Chuck,
I've asked around and I have been able to verify absolutely that the server was in fact processing spider friendly URLs yesterday. Any other suggestions? Could it be a problem with one of our tables in the database?

Chuck S
January 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Yes someone had to physically change that. ;)

dawgbone
January 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Chuck,
Sorry if you've already seen this. Since you replied after I sent it, I wanted to make sure it didn't get lost.

I've asked around and I have been able to verify absolutely that the server was in fact processing spider friendly URLs yesterday. Any other suggestions? Could it be a problem with one of our tables in the database?

Chuck S
January 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Nope not in the least it is your server so was it updated at all in the last day. The reply is still the same if spider urls do not work you turn off that option in admin global options.