PDA

View Full Version : Photopost and VB separate installation

dtzy
January 9th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Hi,

I want to but Photopost for my VB but would like to install it at a server different from VB. Can it be done technically? Do let me know...

Chuck S
January 9th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hello Technically you could install Photopost Pro on a different server if the server vbulletin is on allows external mysql connections however you will only be able to support a user login. There will be non of the enhanced header footer stylesheet integration etc since they need to be installed on the same server for that.

dtzy
January 13th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hello Technically you could install Photopost Pro on a different server if the server vbulletin is on allows external mysql connections however you will only be able to support a user login. There will be non of the enhanced header footer stylesheet integration etc since they need to be installed on the same server for that.

Hi,

I want the pictures to be in a server, different from the DB server, can that be done out of the box or with little modification?

Thank

Chuck S
January 13th, 2008, 01:52 PM
You can have external database servers. The photos must exist on the same server that Photopost is installed on.

dtzy
January 14th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I need it to use the same login as VB, cookied, can that be done straight forward?

Chuck S
January 14th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Cookies only work on the same domain. Your login would work fine but you would need to login to each site respectively as the domain names would be different correct? If the forum and photopost are on the same domain/server you can be logged in through cookies and use the enhanced integration.