PDA

View Full Version : How will photopost integrate with vb 3.7?

ChefTalk
January 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
In the new version of vb 3.7 it has user photo galleries and I am wondering if photo post will compliment or conflict with this feature?

Also, why aren't the messages in photo post stored as private messages. I find it frustrating that I have to check my photopost page for new messages

Thanks.

Chuck S
January 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Photopost is a separate full featured product just like vbulletin. Our message system is for photopost not vb therefore your not going to get messages in vb from photopost and likewise the profile photo thing in vb is just for vbulletin and there will be no conflicts with photopost and vb. The integration remains the same as always we load the vbulletin header footer stylesheet and user integration.

ChefTalk
January 9th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Chuck, do you feel that with the introduction of user photo galleries in vb 3.7 it will remove the need for photo post? I am wondering if it will be confusing to members to have to different photo galleries?

Chuck S
January 9th, 2008, 08:58 AM
The profile photo feature thing in vbulletin is not a replacement for a full featured photo gallery to say the least. It is more an enhancement to the vbulletin profile system.

criscokid
January 9th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Our message system is for photopost not vb therefore your not going to get messages in vb from photopost
This is confusing for users on sites where Photopost is intergrated with vB - I'd like to be able to switch off Photopost messaging system in the ACP.

Chuck S
January 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
You can do so under global options in admin of photopost.