PDA

View Full Version : PreBuy Qustions - Integrate with IPB 2.X

Skysober
January 6th, 2008, 12:16 PM
While the features here appear to be impressive, the one thing I do see that places this above other gallery software we now use, is the ability to integrate with Invision forum software directly.

What I do not know yet is:

Q1: since this will automatically draw the members levels, will the members albums be restricted to viewing only by the same or above level members to prevent lower level or guests from leeching photos? Can a member set his albums to different levels, so say he does want a trial member to view his car album, but only his level VIP can see his truck album?

Q2: I noticed it says it will auto resize a photo that is too large when a limit is set, which is a very nice feature, but will it also convert a video to a flash at a preset compression as well?

Thanks in advance

Chuck S
January 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
1. The admin sets which usergroups can view which categories and albums via the edit categories in admin they are not set by users.

2. There is no manipulation of video's in the software as video manipulation is usually done on ones home computer. The server software to manipulate video's ffmpeg is not usually installed on almost all servers and can be a pain to install so we have never added that support.

Integration with invisionboard is the user login and stylesheet integration which we list under our product details on our site.