PDA

View Full Version : Import

Amedeus
December 31st, 2007, 07:39 PM
I plan to do a clean install of 3.7 (once gold).

Can I import data from my classifieds and reviews that are on a 3.6.8 install into the new install?

Thanks

Chuck S
January 1st, 2008, 09:52 AM
No sorry vbulletin threads are not a valid review or classifieds product that importers are written for. Their are no such import scripts for something like that.

Amedeus
January 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Sorry Chuck, I guess I was unclear.

I have Reviews and Classifieds set up now on my 3.6.8 system. I plan to reinstall them on the new 3.7 system, and want to see if I can import them.

From Classifieds to Classifieds
From Reviews to Reviews

Thanks

Chuck S
January 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
You would not import anything. You would simply upgrade your forum reviewpost and classifieds to the latest.

If your trying to install a clean forum and want to reinstall/move your reviewpost classifieds to that forum your going to have issues since no users exist on that new forum therefore you really if your installing fresh install everything fresh.

I guess I dont really understand why your talking about a clean install when all you need to do is upgrade. If your trying to transfer everything to a new site and discontinue the old site then thats what you would do which means moving all the data not starting fresh.

Amedeus
January 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM
Those are good points Chuck, so I can see how it won't work.

Over the few years I've been running vB I've installed and removed many mods and styles. I guess I just wanted to start over with a nice clean site and database. The site has been growing and I want to avoid future problems.

Chuck S
January 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM
Well deleting all plugins and uploading clean vbulletin files will do away with any hacks in vb.