PDA

View Full Version : Questions: file size compression, right side column, forum look

Len Backus
December 29th, 2007, 02:33 PM
My questions apply to either gallery product. Please answer as to both.

For uploading over-size files, is there available an auto compression feature?

Can a right side column for advertising (ala vB Advanced CMPS) be created?

On the forum index page, can one sub-forum appear called let's say "Gallery" and when clicked on users are taken to the main page of the gallery?

Chuck S
December 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM
1. You can only upload a file up to your max php upload filesize set in php

2. I guess that would depend on vbadvanced CMPS. I dont use that product so I can not answer. I know to get vbadvanced to work on non vbulletin pages requires hacking. vbportal works out of the box with either product.

3. If you create a forum that is merely a link in your vb admin cats editor sure. Thats a default feature of vb there is a box in there that specifies whether it is a forum or a link to an external app.

Len Backus
December 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Chuck, thanks.

choose to save user uploads (of any size) as thumbnails only, turning off large images.

It looks like you could eliminate the concern over too-large files being uploaded and saved (or the inconvenience of users having to downsize them before uploading) by enabling only thumbnails and in that case...how many pixels wide/tall can the thumbnail size be set for?

I'm not sure that question made sense.

Where can I view a sample control panel or read the documentation?