PDA

View Full Version : Will the 2.4 vBGallery be ready for the 3.7.0 ?

Subah
November 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hello everyone,
I just wonder if Zachariah ready for the new vbulletin 3.7.0 in his 2.4 vBGallery codes ?

Zachariah
November 30th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I will let you know when I get my hands on Vbulletin 3.7.0 Beta / RC.
- Latest Stable Version: 3.6.8 Patch Level 2

I do not foresee any large problems as of yet.

Subah
November 30th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Good to hear that

ArVeeGee
December 1st, 2007, 03:29 AM
I will let you know when I get my hands on Vbulletin 3.7.0 Beta / RC.
- Latest Stable Version: 3.6.8 Patch Level 2

I do not foresee any large problems as of yet.

I know it looks demanding but I believe this is possible:

The "photo album" of 3.7.0 is so limited. Will 2.4 or 6.0.2 will able to replace it to complete gallery?

*pictures comments
*pictures ratings

and so more... :rolleyes:

Chuck S
December 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM
vbGallery 2.3 or Pro 6.01 are already complete galleries ;)

As far as vb 3.7 until our company gets hold of that version no one can say however vb has not changed user integration or anything and as long as they dont there should not be many issues when 3.7 comes out. It is only when they do major code branch breakoffs that you see integration issues. Examples vb 2 to vb3 and vb3 to vb 3.5 is where there have been issues so we shall see really.

JakeC
December 2nd, 2007, 03:54 AM
The "photo album" of 3.7.0 is so limited. Will 2.4 or 6.0.2 will able to replace it to complete gallery?I think this is going to be the key when it comes to Photopost remaining popular with vBulletin Customers. If Photopost does not integrate well with the new vBulletin member galleries that will come stock in 3.7.0, many users may decide to go with a plug-in to enhance the standard vB user gallery instead of continuing to use Photopost.

Just my $.02

Chuck S
December 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
I think the main key here at this point is it is a profile enhancement. It is not a gallery. Of course we will watch this to see how things shape up in future vbulletin releases. If they intend to release a gallery it will no doubt be an addon on much like vbgallery is that we own or as they release now their blog product. This would most likely if it does happen will be so in future releases. Our products will continue to add new functionality our users want and be competitive.

JakeC
December 2nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Yep, from what I understand, it will not be a gallery. However, no doubt there will be Plug-ins developed on Vbulletin.org to build upon it. What I would like to see is Photopost seamlessly integrated into the vB profile system. There is none of that at the moment and users will only be confused by the vB album and the Photopost Gallery not working together. sort of like they are confused by the photopost profile in addition to the vB profile.