PDA

View Full Version : Highlighted Ads...

doc1975
November 16th, 2007, 06:21 AM
I posted this question in the Classifieds section, its been a couple days with no reply, figured I would post here...

Is it possible to have the ads posted, alternate between colors for highlighted ads... having one solid color does defeat the purpose of highlighting, as they all tend to run together at that point, and the person would most likely elect not to highlight, so that it DOES stand out from all the other ads that have been highlighted with only one color...

Chuck S
November 16th, 2007, 08:21 AM
If your talking that thread its a code modification question.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134288

Maybe this thread will explain why there is no response from our company.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=138

Highlighting is allowed if you allow it in the permissons. It is also an option someone can pay for. If your electing for everyone to highlight for free then sorry you can not limit it. To limit highlighting and the extra payment things like bold or italic.

doc1975
November 16th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Maybe this thread will explain why there is no response from our company.

Not sure what you're implying with this, but I am verified, scripts bought and paid.

Not sure if my question was clear enough, as the answer you gave really didn't answer it.

I'm wondering if it's possible that the highlighting itself, alternate between 2 or so colors, versus one single color, so that it does not all run together when there are back2back highlighted ad posting.

Chuck S
November 16th, 2007, 10:09 AM
The question your asking you posted in the code modifications forums not a support forum that I see and your not specifically asking a support question that i am seeing. The second linked thread explains our company policy on code modifications which should be clear there.

There is no way to alternate highlighting colors as thats not how the feature is designed. It is essentially designed as a payment add so not every ad will be highlighted only those that pay for highlighting. You must be allowing highlighting to all without payment. I explained how the feature works in my initial post above. If you wish to discuss changing how the code works you may discuss this outside the support forums in the mod corner. However our company can not guarantee you get any response from users.

If there are any support questions we can answer please feel free to contact us.