PDA

View Full Version : VPS Hosting?

doc1975
November 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Okay, I've edited this thread for simplicity...

Basically, I was hoping I could get some members to chime in and share their "set-ups" so that I can have a better idea of what I need for my site...

Could you please provide server/hosting information that you use to run your sites, number of members it's supporting, scripts/programs on your site (example: forum, blog, classifieds, gallery).

I just need a general idea of what hosting option would best suit my site as I plan on running the pp photo gallery script, pp classifieds script, vbulletin forum script, as well as the blog add on.

What type of hosting would you recommend for my site?

Initially all classifieds postings will be free to bring the traffic to the site, once traffic is established, I will begin selling banner space with the use of AdPeeps. Then after the site is running smoothly enough, I will then begin charging for classifieds postings as well...

So, I am open for suggestions!

doc1975
November 8th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Hello, hello, hello, hello... anyone there???

Chuck S
November 8th, 2007, 10:51 AM
You can use any of those. Your question is way to relative to your site size traffic etc. No one can give you advise on that. Bigger is always better though when it comes to hosting I will say this bigger is always better.