PDA

View Full Version : Clear up some confusion please!

ballpnet
October 17th, 2007, 05:00 PM
According to my understanding Photopost and vbgallery licenses have merged, correct? And by purchasing Photopost pro, I will have the option of switching between the two when I install it along side my vbulletin? Please help clear this up as I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated with this. Thanks.

KW802
October 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM
According to my understanding Photopost and vbgallery licenses have merged, correct? Yes
And by purchasing Photopost pro, I will have the option of switching between the two when I install it along side my vbulletin?Yes. There is some effort to switch back & forth between them (aka: conversion scripts) but yes.

Please help clear this up as I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated with this. Thanks.You've got it right. By purchasing a 'merged license' you can have a public installation of either PhotoPost Pro or vBGallery but not both at the same time. For testing (eg: seeing which one suits your needs the best) you can install both products on your server as long as it's a private install not available to the public.

After your purchase has been processed then in the members download area you'll see links for downloading both products.

ballpnet
October 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Ahh, thank you for clearing that up for me :) Which one would you recommend that I install on my live server; Vbgallery or photopost? I'm running vbadvanced 1.0.1 currently...I guess it would be easier to upgrade to vbgallery, but will I be loosing out all the bells and whistles that photopost offers? Will photopost "inherit" my vbulletin themes?

Chuck S
October 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hello

It is really up to you which one you want to use. Here is a thread which would explain the feature differences.

http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

Yes Photopost Pro uses the vb style.

ballpnet
October 17th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Thank you for that link. I think it will help me greatly in making my decision.:D

Chuck S
October 17th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Not a problem if there is anything else we can do to assist let me know.