View Full Version : Photopost/Vbulletin questions
October 15th, 2007, 03:07 PM
We just bought photopost and Vbulletin 3.6.8. Installation went well and integration also, but:
1) How do we add a "photo" link on the forum (/forum) section. I mean in the navigation bar, where you see register etc. (And a "forum" link in the photo section.
2) We would like to install a dutch language pack, where can we find the latest version? (I know this is the photopost forum, but if you have any idea about the translation pack for the vbulletin software, that would be very nice as well!)
3) We are interested in buying a skin for the vbulletin/photopost integration: http://www.extremepixels.com/vb/enlighten_details.php
Fot vbulletin ok, but would that be ok for photopost as well?
Thanks for any help!
October 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Pls ignore question number 2.
October 15th, 2007, 04:53 PM
1. well you edit your vbulletin navbar template. The css class used depends on your vb style but something like this
<td class="navbar"><a href="http://www.mysite.com/gallery/index.php">Gallery</a></td>
3. Whatever style you use on the forum will be shown on the gallery.
October 16th, 2007, 04:28 PM
thanks for the answer. We managed to do the integration and nav bar. But in my opinion, this integration with vbulletin is not very nice: almost all links go to the "forum" part. I however, prefer to have the photopost part as my main website.
Probably, I will decide to make it a standalone and forget about vbulletin. I do have a question with respect to this:
How will I be able to keep the vbulletin style template i bought on the photopost part after making it standalone?
October 16th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Links that go to the forum part are of course your forum links. If you want to use the vb style you need to use the vb3 interation.
If you do a vb integration with no style integration then you need to mock your photopost style sheet and alter the properties to match the colors the same as your vb style.
October 17th, 2007, 09:28 AM
That is not what I mean. I will use photopost stand-alone. But I don't like the skins you have. I bought a skin for vbulletin from extremepixels which I like very much. So:
I will install photopost standalone and would like to use the skin from extremepixels.com (which is meant for vbulletin, but works perfectly for photopost, I noticed that after the integration) without installing vbulletin at all.
How do I do that?
Thanks. Sorry I am not a professional in this stuff.
Another possibility would be a website where I can buy skins for photopost pro. I googled but could not find one.. Any suggestions?
October 17th, 2007, 11:42 AM
You can create your own styles but you can not use a style made for some other product unless you use the enhanced forum integration and turn on use forum style in admin forum options.
I am sorry you dont like out styles. There is no site out there selling photopost styles that I am aware of.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.