PDA

View Full Version : Conversion from Coppermine to vbgallery

dakis
October 10th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Hello,

I am about to puprchase a licence of photopost vbGallery to use it on my Vbulletin webiste. I now have a bridged Coppermine gallery, that is fully integrated (ie uses VB users, etc).

I found an import script here on your forums, that was under the forums for "Photopost Pro" and not "vbgallery".

1. Will this do the conversion for vbgallery as well or is there a diferrent script for this job?
2. Will the import script also convert the photos titles and descriptions from Coppermine > vbGallery?

Thankyou.

dakis
October 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Can somebody please answer this?

john2k
October 17th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Tonight is my first time on this site in a while, but from what I've read so far I know there are scripts that can enable you to switch back and forth between photopost and vbgallery. So, if you are unable to find a conversion script to switch directly from coppermine to vbgallery you could instead convert from coppermine to photopost then to vbgallery. I'm not sure if there are any drawbacks to converting to vbgallery in this way and I would suggest testing the conversion on a backup first (and be sure to have good backups just in case anything goes wrong).

dakis
October 18th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Yes but unfortunately I cannot try the conversion until I purchase the script. And I do not know if the conversion is working, I also have other issues (for example greek filenames in my photos - will they work in photopost/vbgallery? will the be imported from Coppermine correctly?).

Anyway, seems like a long shot afterall...

Chuck S
October 18th, 2007, 10:20 AM
The conversions scripts we offer should work. I am not sure that there is an vbgallery coppermine conversion but as pointed out there is a coppermine to Photopost Pro conversion script.

dakis
October 21st, 2007, 11:37 AM
What about the greek characters in filenames support?