PDA

View Full Version : upgrade from very old version?

BlueEyes
October 6th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I have a website runing PhotoPost PHP 4.7h. I bought it from someone else, I do not have any experience with photopost.

--Can I pay the $25 and upgrade to 6.0?

--Will it be complicated to upgrade, or shoud I hire someone? If it is straightforward and there are clear step by step directions, I think I can handle it.

--currently we have a problem where a user will suddenly lose the "upload photos" link. It is user id specific, not machine specific.. when I login as the user, I also lose the upload photo link. What could be causing this?

Thanks!
Blue Eyes

Chuck S
October 6th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hello loosing an upload link when logging in tells me your setting a group to not have upload permission anyway yes you can upgrade for a renewal fee which is $39.00 yes. I do beleive any sale we had for $25.00 is over but I could be wrong.

BlueEyes
October 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
thank you for the info, I thinkI have solved the mysterious missing upload thing.. I thought I had checked the usergroups settings but when I checked again, they were messed up.

What advantages would there be to upgrading? Are there any security issues with 4.7?

How difficult would it be to do myself? You can ascertain my level of tech genius by the fact that I needed help getting the usergroup settings straight, LOL!

Chuck S
October 6th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Well 4.7 is old and insecure. I would suggest based on your assumptions you would probally be best to purchase an upgrade service when you purchase your members area renewal. That would be easiest and ensure success and would cost an additional $49.00.