PDA

View Full Version : any examples of PP running with the Mini forum ?

Silver_2000
October 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Considering it for new site - want to see it in use first
Looked through the docs and some of the sample sites cant find any references to examples of the stand alone mini board functions
Doug

Michael P
October 2nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
http://www.shutteralley.com is my site running it; although only a few posts so far.

rolfw
October 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Have a look at mine, standalone running the latest version www.wellenkamp.com/photopost, lots of photos. :)

PS. I like the style on your site Michael, obviously not one of the standard ones, is there anyone making them for Photopost standalones?

Michael P
October 2nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Very nice. I'm not sure if anyone is, I think I took one of the darker themes that come with it and tweaked it for that site. I would think someone could make a few bucks on the side releasing skins for PhotoPost. ;)

Nice site!

rolfw
October 3rd, 2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks Michael, I started it off as a family photo site (the bits you can't see), so wasn't too concerned with a striking theme, but now as I've linked it to my wildlife forum and opened it up to non-family members, it is more important that it stands out on first visit.

I agree with your point about the skins/themes, I would be happy to pay for a good theme, as a good theme can make the difference between an average and striking site. :)

@ silver_2000, by all means register on my site and test out the features like the messaging and message board, you can also view all of the non-family photos and use the general forum features.

mnpctech
October 17th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Hi, first time post here..

My question is "Does the Mini Forum allow you to mass email announcements to members?"

Also, I checked out the Mini Forums listed here, there should be a standardized size limit for member avatars in the program.

btw: I've had my photopost gallery for 3 years now
https://mnadmin.powweb.com/gallery/

Michael P
October 17th, 2007, 01:11 PM
No, there is no Mass Email feature in the mini-forum; an avatar size limit could be added in a future update.

mnpctech
October 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I'll need the mass email. I'll probally have to bridge the gallery to a new forum.. hopefully photopost will add this feature in the future