PDA

View Full Version : watermark, right click disable (security issues)

ating0729
October 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Is this script capable of adding watermark and or disabling right click option in all images?

Might be a good thing to have specially running a photo post website. Protecting someones work is vital.

Thanks

Sarah

SciFi3D Tech
October 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
There is a watermark feature, yes. Right-click disabling I'm not sure about, but I do know that a quick javascript code (like this one (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm)) will do the trick.

Michael P
October 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Yes, we have right click disable as a feature that can be turned on/off in the Pro version.

Tennespeedy
October 5th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I figured I would post my question here rather than start a new thread.

I instructed all the members to watermark their own videos before they upload them. How do I watermark their photos? I see in the options but do not know where to upload the watermark image to. I may not do it anyway because in order for it to be effective, it has to cover a portion of the photo and that just looks tacky IMO.

ating0729.....Admin/Show Photo Options/ Use Anti-Leeching Code..choose "YES". That will disable right-click, but keep in mind as far as the images go if they have the "Enable Image Toolbar" checked in their IE Internet options, they can leech a photo that way even though you have right-click disabled. I wonder if there is a fix for this? Also, this option does not disable right-clicking on the thumbnails.

Chuck S
October 5th, 2007, 07:30 PM
You would set up watermarking in watermark images for permanent watermarking or internet options in IPS in admin. You can upload the image whereever you wish on your server you just link to it via the full server path to the file including the image name like so.

/var/www/html/gallery/watermark.png

You can place this in the head portion of your pages through making a headtags.htm file and placing this in your header

<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no">