PDA

View Full Version : Photopost vbGallery to Photopost Pro Import Script

Chuck S
September 29th, 2007, 06:04 PM
***PROVIDED AS IS NO SUPPORT ***

Import Instructions for vBGallery import.

1. Upload the two files to your photopost directory and CHMOD vbag.cnf.php to 777

2. Run the importer through your web browser and fill in all required info and paths for both programs

3. The importer will cycle through in steps each process.

4. After Import cleanup work needed.

a. In Admin => Edit Categories view the cats list and hit save. Scan down each parent in sortcats and hit save. This reinitializes the children count to show children of parent cats. Very Important. Any cat that is clickable meaning it has children click the cat to see the child list and hit save.

b. Under Scan Database recheck and build post number and check for children.

c. Make sure to set any usergroup and categories permissions you see fit.

d. Set your medium size threshold in Upload Options and under Scan Database rebuild your medium images.

KW802
November 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM
Looks like one more tweak will be needed, if possible. Just did an import from vBGallery 2.1 to PP 6 and only the 'medium' images were imported.

In the vBGallery table to PP table mapping it should use "originalname", "originalfilesize", "originalwidth", "originalheight" for the values of "bigname", "filesize", "width", & "height" when "originalname" is not empty and then "filename", "filesize", "width", & "height" mapped to {medium file location}, "medsize", "medwidth", & "medheight" accordingly. If "originalname" is empty then the current mappings work as-is.

That may present a problem though since vBGallery appends the suffix "_original" to the end of the 'bigimage' name (eg: "abc.jpg" turns into "abc_original.jpg" and "abc.jpg" is the new medium image).

Chuck S
November 1st, 2007, 06:48 PM
well actually we do not import the medium pic it is the resized pic. The original pic is an option not all people use. You can turn that off in vbgallery so we never really supported that optional thing when we wrote this years ago.

Now if I ever get time I will look into that or how we could support that optional pic format.

KW802
November 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM
well actually we do not import the medium pic it is the resized pic. The original pic is an option not all people use. You can turn that off in vbgallery so we never really supported that optional thing when we wrote this years ago.

Now if I ever get time I will look into that or how we could support that optional pic format.You obviously consider it to be unimportant but it means that many other people, just not myself, will be unable to convert because of the missing original images. :o

At least for me it would mean losing thousands of images (2,171 to be precise). Looks like no conversion for me at this time.

StuartDH
November 11th, 2007, 02:11 PM
We're getting mixed up photos in the new PP6 gallery if images have the same/similar jpg names in the vbgallery, even though they were in different folders for different members

Here's an original image from vbgallery

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery/showimage.php?i=22453&catid=member&imageuser=4218 by 'Wilf'

In PP6 it's showing as:

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=22453

but the above pic belongs to the 'Duke of York' and shows correctly for both old and new galleries:

vbgallery - http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery/showimage.php?i=18494&catid=searchresults&searchid=87280
pp6 - http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/pictures/showphoto.php/photo/18494/ppuser/4090

The vbgallery files were

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery/files/4/2/1/8/FlyAgaric-Amanitamuscaria.jpg
http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery/files/4/0/9/0/FlyAgaric-Amanitamuscaria.jpg

So different everything, except for the same jpg filename

It's affected hundreds of images in the new PP6 which we've now had running for a few days and thought we'd finalised everything so members have been uploading to it.

Stuart

Chuck S
November 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM
That would be a bug in vbgallery then in my opinion or at the very least a SEVERE limitation in that specific software. Remember on import we are simply moving the data to Photopost. Inputting photos and files are two separate actions. We fill our photos table with their photo info and then on the file import try and import the filenames that have been imported into our photos table.

See in Photopost we do not allow images with the same name EVER so on upload we change filenames. This is to prevent mix ups as you are seeing if you move an image to another category that has an image with the same name it would be possible to overwrite some other image. Therefore this is why on our upload we do our $imgchk routine on upload or edit of a photo.

Honestly I dont know offhand how to overcome that limitation in vbgallery since the import does not use the upload portion of our program which corrects imagenames. I bet this issue affects any image in the members gallery because images are in one category.

If I get some time I will look and see if there is anything I can do to overcome that vbgallery bug.

Chuck S
November 12th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Kevin

This now supports the originalfile if it exists we import that file. Actually was quite easy bout 10 mins to do. vbGallery stores the originalname as you instructed so no need for fancy coding. All we need to do is a couple if switches when we import the photos.

KW802
November 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Kevin

This now supports the originalfile if it exists we import that file. Actually was quite easy bout 10 mins to do. vbGallery stores the originalname as you instructed so no need for fancy coding. All we need to do is a couple if switches when we import the photos.Excellent! :cool: If that works as expected then it means I can free up a vBulletin license and use the new PP 6 'mini-forum' features for the site I have in mind. I'll be testing it out this week (as soon as time allows).

KW802
November 12th, 2007, 12:54 PM
See in Photopost we do not allow images with the same name EVER so on upload we change filenames. This is to prevent mix ups as you are seeing if you move an image to another category that has an image with the same name it would be possible to overwrite some other image.FYI for the 'vBGallery' mindset... the files are always stored in the user folder (though there are times I wish we had the option of using the category ID structure instead for permissions flexibility but... ) and if the same file name already existed within the user folder then the new files do get renamed (I think just a "_"+seq at the end of the file before the extension) but there was never a need to check across folders because files from two different users would never be in the same folder.

Chuck S
November 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah not really a bug but a severe limitation IMO to vbgallery. If vbGallery does rename files i dont see it.

The originalname was easy though since their are separate fields for thumbnail filename originalfilename it was easy no fancy coding to rename files or anything.

KW802
November 12th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah not really a bug but a severe limitation IMO to vbgallery. If vbGallery does rename files i dont see it.It's in the fetch_image_info function... I just looked at the code; I thought it did a sequence number but it looks like it just does a random number instead.

Chuck S
November 12th, 2007, 02:35 PM
well if it worked then and actually updated the filename and file on disk like we do when uploading a photon in photopost pro. I dont think we would see the issue Stuart is reporting. So we shall see.

KW802
November 12th, 2007, 03:14 PM
The vbgallery files were

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery/files/4/2/1/8/FlyAgaric-Amanitamuscaria.jpg
http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/gallery/files/4/0/9/0/FlyAgaric-Amanitamuscaria.jpg

... if the same file name already existed within the user folder then the new files do get renamed ...

well if it worked then and actually updated the filename and file on disk like we do when uploading a photon in photopost pro. I dont think we would see the issue Stuart is reporting. So we shall see.Stuart's example has the same named file but in two different user folders hence they were not renamed by vBGallery as part of the upload process. ;)

Chuck S
November 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Correct which is the limitation and is incompatible with the photopost file structure as we have already seen.

Zachariah
November 14th, 2007, 02:16 PM
vbag.php?action=import_files

It would be nice to have this operation broken up.

I am working on a site w/ 88K images or so and after a while the script will prompt me to start downloading the php file.

blkatt
November 18th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Any progress yet? Just checking. Thanks.

Chuck S
November 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM
progress on what? The importer works as it is designed to work.

blkatt
November 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Working as it should? Its sounds like we're talking two different things here. I have yet to get any images to show on my end. I've tried several times but it appears futile.

Well, let me correct that- I'm showing thumbnails with no images as well as pics with broken links - but pic comments do show. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

KW802
November 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Working as it should? Its sounds like we're talking two different things here. I have yet to get any images to show on my end. I've tried several times but it appears futile.

Well, let me correct that- I'm showing thumbnails with no images as well as pics with broken links - but pic comments do show. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks.Did you download a recent copy of the import script? There was an issue with the original release that has been fixed and Chuck has refreshed the attachment in the first post.

blkatt
November 19th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Did you download a recent copy of the import script? There was an issue with the original release that has been fixed and Chuck has refreshed the attachment in the first post.

Oh ok, I'll give it a try later. Thanks - I didn't know that. I'm crossing my fingers it works.

Chuck S
November 19th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Yes as Kevin noted we addressed any issues that where open and we fixed those. I even added the ability if there is an original file stored we will import that and not the normal file.

blkatt
November 19th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Yes as Kevin noted we addressed any issues that where open and we fixed those. I even added the ability if there is an original file stored we will import that and not the normal file.

I installed the importer and it worked like a charm. Thanks for your hard work.

Chuck S
November 20th, 2007, 08:23 AM
No problem have a great day and see ya next time you need help ;)

jfspam2
November 25th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I can't get this script to work.

I have entered everything verbatim correctly.

I get stuff like; Importing 1 Categories.... please wait
Importing 1 Photos .... Please wait

However I have 20+ Categories and 2 gigs of images yet when it's all done nothing has transferred.

I know my paths are correct, I know my DB information is all correct, I double checked and re-entered everything by hand again.

I am trying to go from; vBadvanced Gallery v1.0.1 (vB 3.5) to Photopost 5.62

The only thing I can think of is I am not using localhost; I am using this format;

IP:PORT

I have a non-standard MySQL port.

jfspam2
November 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Another issue maybe is vbag.cnf.php is blank after the end of the import when viewing it with PICO. Is that normal? I chmod 777 the file and I can see it's set to 777.

-rwxrwxrwx 1 backup users 0 Nov 25 20:15 vbag.cnf.php

jfspam2
November 25th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Another problem is Server Path to Photopost Data Directory is set to 50 characters but my path is much longer than that. I had to edit the file to allow for longer paths.

Chuck S
November 26th, 2007, 09:41 AM
You can edit the actual vbag.php script and change maxlength="50" to something higher like 100 not a big deal there.

If you get importing 1 cat error more than likely your vbgallery table prefix is entered incorrectly. It should be entered as ppgal_ I beleive. Your database info is incorrect based on the error your posting.

jfspam2
November 26th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I looked in the database and all the gallery tables start with adv_ which I put as my vBgallery prefix.

I know all my DB login details are correct. No doubt there.

I have adv_ as vB prefix and pp_ as Photopost prefix.

Chuck S
November 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
correct your using the wrong import script. You need to use the one for vbadvanced vbgallery it would appear.

jfspam2
November 26th, 2007, 01:39 PM
where would i obtain the import script to go from vbadvanced vbgallery to photopost?

Chuck S
November 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123329

In this very forum

jfspam2
December 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
It's gone. Where is it? I wanted to upgrade today.

KW802
December 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
It's gone. Where is it? I wanted to upgrade today.
What's gone? The script is still an attachment in the first post in this thread.

jfspam2
December 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123329

In this very forum

This file is gone. He put removed for testing but I need to upgrade today. How do I upgrade with no import script?

Chuck S
December 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM
You should be able to use this script for vbadvanced vbgallery or Photopost vbgallery to Photopost just make sure to enter the correct vbgallery table prefix on the config.

EXAMPLE

The vbgallery categories table what is in front of that table that would be your table prefix. So you enter that in the config with the rest of the correct database info and should work fine.

jfspam2
December 14th, 2007, 05:15 PM
It doesn't work.

As I stated

I know all my DB login details are correct. No doubt there.

I have adv_ as vB prefix and pp_ as Photopost prefix.

So I know my DB variables are correct, I know my paths are correct and I'm using adv_ as my vB prefix and pp_ as my Photopost prefix.

Unless my prefixes are wrong which I don't think they are according to doing a DESC on the tables then it doesn't work. It will run through the script until the end but it doesn't actually import anything. It says importing 1 category even though there are 20+.

I use a non-standard port for MySQL. If that is not it and my prefixes are correct then I'm lost because I'm doing verbatim what it says and I know for a FACT that my DB variables and paths are correct.

Chuck S
December 14th, 2007, 05:26 PM
well it doesnt work does give us any information. It could be your non standard port I cant say. How did you get Photopost to work? What errors do you get?

jfspam2
December 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I don't get any errors.

The script acts like it's fine but instead of doing anything it says stuff like;

Importing 1 Categories.... please wait

For Photopost I just put;

$host="IP:PORT";

That worked fine there.

Chuck S
December 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
The error your noting is telling me something about your mysql settings is incorrect meaning it can not grab the data. You can email support@photopost.com with ftp login info and url and admin login to Photopost.

ozmazdaclub
March 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM
im getting the following errors when i attempt to do the import:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ozmazda/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 340

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ozmazda/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 348
Click here to import photos

then when i click to the next step i get the following errors:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ozmazda/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 416

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ozmazda/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 423
Click here to import comments

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ozmazda/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 497
Importing 1 comments .... please wait
Click here to import exif info

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ozmazda/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 555
Importing 1 exif .... please wait
Click here to import subscriptions

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ozmazda/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 602
Importing 1 comments .... please wait
Click here to import files

then when i click to the next step i get the message but nothing is imported to the photopost installation:

Importing 1 files .... please wait
Import Done

I hope someone can help me with this as it is a tad frustrating.

Chuck S
March 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM
That error tells me one of two things. Either the vbgallery database you entered in the config is incorrect or the table prefix for your vbgallery tables is incorrect.

For a default photopost vbgallery install the prefix would be ppgal_ I beleive but you can check phpmyadmin and view your tables and see what your prefix is ;)

ozmazdaclub
March 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
ive checked and the vbgallery tables are listed as vb_ppgal_categories etc. Does this mean that vb_ppgal would be what i enter in the Table Prefix field?

Chuck S
March 14th, 2008, 05:30 PM
vb_ppgal_

That would be the correct prefix see

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM {$Globals['vbag']}categories", $vbc);

ozmazdaclub
March 14th, 2008, 05:52 PM
thanks all worked now.

Chuck S
March 14th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Not a problem enjoy and have a good weekend.

marrr
September 14th, 2008, 08:04 PM
does this still work?

Chuck S
September 14th, 2008, 09:32 PM
should work fine ;)

drslipp
December 29th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I tried playing around with the gallery-to-photopost-import-script just in case, that the gallery wouldn´t work with vb3.8 in time. :)

I happened to discover an unexplainible outcome:
All categories were imported well and all pics and comments too. They are showing up at photopost-home correctly.

But they are not all showing up in the Admin-Edit Categories-dialogue.
Some of the gallery-categories are obviously imported as subcats of the photopost Member-Galleries. The tricky thing here is, that I can´t see the subcats in the "Edit-Categories"-dialogue, the "Members Galleries"-category there is no link, so some parts of the photopost-script "think", that there are no subcats within the Members-Galleries-category.

In the Photopost-Database-Administration-dialogue the "subcats" of the Members-Galleries are showing up, if I click onto the category-dropdown - for my understanding as subcats of the Members-Galleries, indented under "Members Galleries" and prefixed with a ":".

The underlying logic isn´t understandable for me, cause all vbgallery-categories are only differenced by acting as members category or not. The "sub-categories", which show up in the Database-Administration and not in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue, are set to Members-Category=no in the gallery.

But some of the gallery-member-no-categories are imported correctly into the photopost-category-list too. They are showing up as expected in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue and in the Datbase-Administration.

Is there any possibility available to re-assign categories, so that the "hidden" subcats of the Members Galleries are showing up as normal categories with no parent?

Btw.: I followed the import-instruction severely and accurately, checking and saving the category-list in the admin-panel included.

Edit:
I set the usergroup-permissions. All "no" despite admins and another usergroup in "Edit Usergroups" and in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue too - subcats included (I checked the option).
But the "fishy" subcategories mentioned above are still visible for guests too at photopost-home. The other categories are not visible. If I´m clicking (as a guest) on a visible category - which shouldn´t be visible at all - then the permission-stop-message appears as expected.

-------- sorry for double-posting - this one can be deleted -----

drslipp
December 29th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I tried playing around with the gallery-to-photopost-import-script just in case, that the gallery wouldn´t work with vb3.8 in time. :)

I happened to discover an unexplainible outcome:
All categories were imported well and all pics and comments too. They are showing up at photopost-home correctly.

But they are not all showing up in the Admin-Edit Categories-dialogue.
Some of the gallery-categories are obviously imported as subcats of the photopost Member-Galleries. The tricky thing here is, that I can´t see the subcats in the "Edit-Categories"-dialogue, the "Members Galleries"-category there is no link, so some parts of the photopost-script "think", that there are no subcats within the Members-Galleries-category.

In the Photopost-Database-Administration-dialogue the "subcats" of the Members-Galleries are showing up, if I click onto the category-dropdown - for my understanding as subcats of the Members-Galleries, indented under "Members Galleries" and prefixed with a ":".

The underlying logic isn´t understandable for me, cause all vbgallery-categories are only differenced by acting as members category or not. The "sub-categories", which show up in the Database-Administration and not in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue, are set to Members-Category=no in the gallery.

But some of the gallery-member-no-categories are imported correctly into the photopost-category-list too. They are showing up as expected in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue and in the Datbase-Administration.

Is there any possibility available to re-assign categories, so that the "hidden" subcats of the Members Galleries are showing up as normal categories with no parent?

Btw.: I followed the import-instruction severely and accurately, checking and saving the category-list in the admin-panel included.

Edit:
I set the usergroup-permissions. All "no" despite admins and another usergroup in "Edit Usergroups" and in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue too - subcats included (I checked the option).
But the "fishy" subcategories mentioned above are still visible for guests too at photopost-home. The other categories are not visible. If I´m clicking (as a guest) on a visible category - which shouldn´t be visible at all - then I have full access to view the photos, although guests don´t have the permission via "Edit Categories" - childs included.

A try to empty the "Members Galleries"-category - with the "subcategories" listed only in the "Database-Administration"-dropdown-menu below and not in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue - doesn´t have an effect on the photos and comments. They are still there.

If this whole info sounds confusing, this is a try to focus the things:

1. After the gallery-photopost-import some categories are not visible in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue, but are visible at photopost-home.

2. These categories are listed as sub-categories in the "Scan Database"-dialogue within the dropdown below - with a leading ":" beneath "Members Galleries".

3. These categories are showing up and are accessible for guests, even if any available permission in the admin-panel is set to "no".

4. Emptying the "Members Galleries"-category has no effect. The photos are still there and accessible - for guests too, although the permissions are set to "no" completely.

drslipp
December 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I checked the vb-database itself. The pp_categories-table showed different attributes for the categories. The categories, which didnīt show up in admin-"Edit Categories" were present in this table, but had an entry "a" for cattype. All other categories, which behaved normally in both the admin-panel and within photopost-home, had the entry "c" in this cattype-field.

I changed the entries "a" to "c" in those categories and after playing around with the "Edit Categories"-option in the admin-panel the categories now are working as they should.

In the "Members Galleries"-category - which should have been empty, cause there is IMHO no equivalent in vbgallery - there were shown huge image-counts and post-counts too, but correctly no pics at all. Maybe a sum of all images and posts, I canīt remember the exact number. I set the lastpost-, lastphotos-, photos- and post-fields to zero and emptied "Members Galleries" in "Edit Categories".

Now everything seems to be fine. No pics and no posts are listed in the Members-Galleries-counts and all other categories are shown as they should.

Maybe the import was faulty in my case - but I canīt figure out any causes for it. Anyway, now it seems to be ok.

Chuck S
December 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM
a is an album and c is a category

If users created personal albums in vbgallery they are processed as personal albums in photopost and as such albums are not listed under admin edit categories but in manage albums in admin.

Chuck S
December 29th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Remember these are completely separate galleries so you might need to get use to photopost pro and how it operates ;)

Sola
January 3rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
To import, you obviously have to install PP first. But do you need to link PP to the VB user database (since VBG depends on that)?

Secondly, this instruction doesn't explain the INITIAL process and VERSIONS supported.

Thanks.
- Another user frustrated away from VBG...

Import Instructions for vBGallery import.

1. Upload the two files to your photopost directory and CHMOD vbag.cnf.php to 777

2. Run the importer through your web browser and fill in all required info and paths for both programs

3. The importer will cycle through in steps each process.

4. After Import cleanup work needed.

a. In Admin => Edit Categories view the cats list and hit save. Scan down each parent in sortcats and hit save. This reinitializes the children count to show children of parent cats. Very Important. Any cat that is clickable meaning it has children click the cat to see the child list and hit save.

b. Under Scan Database recheck and build post number and check for children.

c. Make sure to set any usergroup and categories permissions you see fit.

d. Set your medium size threshold in Upload Options and under Scan Database rebuild your medium images.

Silver_2000
January 6th, 2009, 12:16 AM
chuck I used the import to try to import 13k images from vbgallery to pp but there are some issues with categories and some other problems

many of the categories didnt get imported

can you take a look?

Main Index - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery) = pp

Mercurymarauder.net Gallery (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase) = vbgallery

Chuck S
January 6th, 2009, 11:09 AM
All albums - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/misc.php?action=showalbums)

Not sure what you think did not get imported. Your counts look right. I think as I said to the last person who asked look under your albums if you think your missing categories because user created categories are not categories in photopost they are personal albums and as such on import they are correctly shown as personal albums.

There are differences in how we display things and operate things in both programs so if you think there is an issue I need much more specific information because Photopost has the proper counts to indicate you did a successful import.

Silver_2000
January 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM
thanks for quick reply

I figuyred out some issues - most were user differences between the products as you mentioned

the one remaining thing we cant find is the event categories

Events - Mercurymarauder.net Gallery (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/browseimages.php?c=22)

they didnt seem to make it as categories in pp

Chuck S
January 6th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Events - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/22)

Its there. You cant see it?

Main Index - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/)

It is smack dab right on your photopost gallery index the same as it displayed on your vbgallery index

Silver_2000
January 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Under events in the VBG there were 16 events - looks like only a handfull were moved

Silver_2000
January 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
and there are 2 member galleries main categories - is there a way to merge them ?

Chuck S
January 6th, 2009, 11:49 AM
1. How many of those events where personal albums?

All albums - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/misc.php?action=showalbums)

Thats where the rest are at. vbgallery shows you its a personal album or category by displaying the user's name under the category. ;) This should help you a little.

You can use the bulk move feature to move photos from that one mock members gallery to the members gallery in photopost and then delete the empty one.

Sola
January 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
To import, you obviously have to install PP first. But do you need to link PP to the VB user database (since VBG depends on that)?

Secondly, this instruction doesn't explain the INITIAL process and VERSIONS supported.Please don't hurry to answer these questions. I figured it out.

For others' benefit:
1) Yes.
2) Just install PP (same or different DB, doesn't matter), hook up to VB to share User system, unzip the import file and run VBAG.PHP, not the other one.

Chuck S
January 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Yep its pretty simple the import script does all the work provided all the proper information, sorry missed your post. it happens ;)

drslipp
January 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
A belated Thank you for the hints on my request!

Chuck S
January 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Not a problem glad to help out.

Pretty Scrappy
February 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I just imported everything from vgallery, and it looks like everything moved, but all the images are saying no thumb. Do i need to move the file on the server? If so what is the best way?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Make sure in your config file for the import you placed the proper server paths to vbgallery files and photopost data directory and images will be imported.

Pretty Scrappy
February 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Make sure in your config file for the import you placed the proper server paths to vbgallery files and photopost data directory and images will be imported.

you talking about the import?

I went ahead and copied the file over to the pro version, and they are showing now, but the pixels are visible.

If I deleted the file I copied, and re-run the import with it cofiged right it should bring them in right?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM
If all the information is correct on the import script things will be imported correctly.

Pretty Scrappy
February 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
If all the information is correct on the import script things will be imported correctly.

I can't seem to get it so I am going to wipe it out and try again. I will let you know how it works out

Chuck S
February 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
server paths are like this

/var/www/html/vbgallery/files

/var/www/html/photopost/data

Obviously you need to use your correct server paths to vbgallery files and photopost data directories to get files copied.

Pretty Scrappy
February 18th, 2009, 03:19 PM
server paths are like this

/var/www/html/vbgallery/files

/var/www/html/photopost/data

Obviously you need to use your correct server paths to vbgallery files and photopost data directories to get files copied.

Ok i re-did everything, and i am still having this issue. I have also noticed that the few categories didn't transfer, and the users didn't transfer. It there anyway I can get you to look at this for me?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Users dont transfer they come from vb so there is nothing to transfer.

You can post a link to your galleries sure and we can tell you what we think is wrong.

If files do not transfer its pretty specific in that your server paths your using are incorrect.

Pretty Scrappy
February 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Users dont transfer they come from vb so there is nothing to transfer.

You can post a link to your galleries sure and we can tell you what we think is wrong.

If files do not transfer its pretty specific in that your server paths your using are incorrect.

Main Index - My Photo Gallery (http://www.eyedreamers.com/gallerypro/)

Just an fyi the vgallery is fairly new, there really isn't a lot to transfer. I think theres around 30 or so photos, maybe 5 members categories. As for the users I have that fixed. I now see 117 user so thats cool. I also have the themes working right.

Chuck S
February 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Your import script shows you that it cant find the files

Warning: copy(/home2/eyedrea2/public_html/gallery/files/8/5/85-pm_003.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/eyedrea2/public_html/gallerypro/vbag.php on line 686

You have 213 files. Make sure in vbgallery admin your not using safe mode storage if so change it to normal storage and then run the import to grab the files.

Pretty Scrappy
February 18th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Your import script shows you that it cant find the files

Warning: copy(/home2/eyedrea2/public_html/gallery/files/8/5/85-pm_003.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/eyedrea2/public_html/gallerypro/vbag.php on line 686

You have 213 files. Make sure in vbgallery admin your not using safe mode storage if so change it to normal storage and then run the import to grab the files.

Ok I think I have most of it. There is one thing I see right now and that is the members galleries aren't there. This is where 212 photos are, but you click on it and there isn't anything there. Any ideas?

Chuck S
February 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I beleive I posted an idea above? This has nothing to do with the import script or photopost pro.

I would have to look at your vbgallery but the issue is there. Why dont the files exist where they are suppose to. Thats why you cant import them. Thats why I asked you to make sure you where using the correct file storage implementation in the vbgallery admin maintenance. You did not respond.

Pretty Scrappy
February 19th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I beleive I posted an idea above? This has nothing to do with the import script or photopost pro.

I would have to look at your vbgallery but the issue is there. Why dont the files exist where they are suppose to. Thats why you cant import them. Thats why I asked you to make sure you where using the correct file storage implementation in the vbgallery admin maintenance. You did not respond.

Sorry about that. I did check and the storage safe mode was on. I backed up everything, and clicked and followed the steps to turn it off. Now all the photos have been moved, but there still is the issue with the members cats. You said that you would have to see the vgallery, Did you still need to?

Chuck S
February 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM
You have 181 photos in a personal album

All albums - Our Gallery (http://www.eyedreamers.com/gallerypro/misc.php?action=showalbums)

Everything transferred now that you changed that safe mode thing ;)

Now as far as members galleries you might want to run the scan database tool in admin and rebuild members lastphoto field etc

Pretty Scrappy
February 19th, 2009, 10:04 PM
You have 181 photos in a personal album

All albums - Our Gallery (http://www.eyedreamers.com/gallerypro/misc.php?action=showalbums)

Everything transferred now that you changed that safe mode thing ;)

Now as far as members galleries you might want to run the scan database tool in admin and rebuild members lastphoto field etc

Ok I see that but I am actully talking about the other member galleries. I have attached a screen shot of what i am talking about. You can also see this by going here. Eyedreamers Forum (http://www.eyedreamers.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=3) this is the vgallery that I am trying to move

Chuck S
February 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Member Galleries - Our Gallery (http://www.eyedreamers.com/gallerypro/showmembers.php/cat/500)

They are all there!!

Pretty Scrappy
February 19th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Member Galleries - Our Gallery (http://www.eyedreamers.com/gallerypro/showmembers.php/cat/500)

They are all there!!

Ok I see that now I did run that members lastphoto field and they showed up with the exception of 1 but she didn't have any photo in there anyways. I wanted to thank you for your help, and ask if there is an easy way to dump vgallery from vb3, and change the links to go to PP?

Chuck S
February 19th, 2009, 10:34 PM
any links you have hard coded in you would have to update yourself but as far as vbgallery just run the vbgallery install script from the vbulletin admin panel and select uninstall.

You can then delete the vbgallery directory after that.

Pretty Scrappy
February 19th, 2009, 11:00 PM
any links you have hard coded in you would have to update yourself but as far as vbgallery just run the vbgallery install script from the vbulletin admin panel and select uninstall.

You can then delete the vbgallery directory after that.

Ok I got it all with the exception of the link from the forum to the gallery. I liked how vbgallery had the link just below the header. Where can I find instructions on how to do this, or is it because I don't have it intgat. right?

Chuck S
February 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
what do you mean by this? You can edit your vbulletin navbar template and place a link in that vb template. vb should have tutorials on how to edit their templates.

djrichards
June 25th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Does this script give the option to append vB Gallery images to an existing PP installation or does it simply replace the existing PP tables & data with those from vB Gallery.

Specifically, I am wanting to merge a medium sized vBgallery installation into a much larger PP gallery so I can clear out the vB Gallery, then import the PP images back into it.

The PP import doesn't seem to want to work with a non-empty vB Gallery.

Chuck S
June 25th, 2009, 09:17 AM
All scripts are designed to be done on clean installs of the galleries. You can not insert entries with the same ids to tables where ids like that already exist so it will not work.

xtumen
September 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I have done the import, no error. The counts in PP show the right numbers of everything. Categories and albums are seen in admin panel where they are supposed to be.

The problem is in showing member galleries, maybe I missed a switch in PP:

Nothing here (showmembers.php): Àíþòà (Àíÿ) - My Photo Gallery (http://tfpforum.ru/photopost/showmembers.php)
(it goes Home - Name of the forum/gallery - Name of the standard Members' Gallery's - Name of the first user by alphabet)

You can only get into a user's album through the admin panel:
Ôîòîñåò 02.09.2009 - My Photo Gallery (http://tfpforum.ru/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=577&ppuser=)
(it goes Home - Member - Empty space for the member's name - Name of the album)

I have done all options except the watermarks in PP DB management

UPDATE:
Before importing I deleted all categories and photos from PP (there were some of them) via PHPMyAdmin, simply cleaned the tables pp_photoes and pp_categories. Matbe that is the wrong way?

Chuck S
September 6th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Main Index - My Photo Gallery (http://tfpforum.ru/photopost/index.php)

I dont see where your electing to show the members gallery category 500

anyway you can rebuild the users last photo under scan database in admin and it should show members then in the members gallery.

xtumen
September 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
The vBGallery has many albums, one of them has id 500 - the script says:
INSERT INTO pp_categories (`id`, `catname`, `description`, `catorder`, `thumbs`, `parent`, `lastpost`, `lastphoto`, `photos`, `posts`, `password`, `cattype`) VALUES (500, 'Анюта (Аня)', '', '', 'yes', '3', '343', '4830', '7', '4', '', 'a')
Duplicate entry '500' for key 1
And stops. If I delete category 500 in Pro, I get a messed up Members' Galleries link afterwards - it is still 500 but now it somehow also points to the album 500. How do I do the import correctly in this case?

Chuck S
September 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Well you can delete the contents of the categories table through your database viewer in your hosting control panel and do the import.

You might need to do some reorganizing of categories or photos afterward because photopost is hard coded that category 500 is members gallery

xtumen
September 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Solved: moved photos from vBGallery album 500 to a new one, deleted the 500 one before import.

Chuck S
September 7th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Yes much the same as I was saying except you could have done the same thing after import also except rename category 500 to members gallery after moving photos to a new cat. ;)

gustotelmy
October 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
im looking for the vBulletin Albums to PRO importer... can anyone point me where it is?
thanks

Chuck S
October 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/140509-beta-vbulletin-albums-pro-importer.html

right in this forum

gustotelmy
October 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
for some reason when i go to that forum that thread is not visible for me but the link is
edit: ok now visible when show threads from the beginning.

Chuck S
October 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/1253395-post137.html

dirkerasmus
October 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Is this importer destructive to the target database? So if I have a vbGallery and photopost pro installation, both with images, can I use this importer to import the vbgallery images to photopost without loosing anything in photopost?

Chuck S
October 6th, 2009, 05:23 PM
You can not use the importer to import into an already started database. This importer assumes a clean Photopost install. You can not import rows of data that would already exist on a non new install.

cory_booth
November 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Gonna give this a whirl...

Does this script "move" the pictures or simply create a link to the original VBGallery file?

Reason I'm asking is because I will be deleting the vbGallery directory and obviously wouldn't want to loose the pictures by doing so.

Chuck S
November 14th, 2009, 12:28 PM
It copies all content into photopost. ;)

cory_booth
November 14th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Success!

BTW. I had to add (my prefix) and ppgal_ to get it to work.
In other words, it asked for my prefix (which is aquia_) but I had to make it:
aquia_ppgal_

5827 photos.

Chuck S
November 14th, 2009, 01:01 PM
yes because your prefix is aquia_ppgal_ not ppgal_. It would only be ppgal_ if your forum had no prefix.

cory_booth
November 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Chuck...

I have moved all my data - followed your instructions on front page and turned off category caching.

Interesting enough - I can't see the categories in admin however.

I do have my three main categories (2007, 2008, 2009) but no sub-categories under each one. All the pictures seem to be present however.

Chuck S
November 14th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Hit save and see what appears there is clean up work to do.

cory_booth
November 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I think I see what happend.
My categories were not made as "Categories" but as private albums. I think this is because all my "Site" galleries had my username assigned to them (rather than leaving it blank).
Created my categories and now bulk moving my pictures. It'll get sorted out in a bit. Still nice having all the pictures in the db already.

Chuck S
November 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
private albums are going to show just for you ;) As well they are also going to show on the photopost personal albums link if they are public etc or members gallery. In Pro albums do not appear as categories in the cats list.

cory_booth
November 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Chuck,

Thanks very much for your help. Best support for a VB script on the net right here.

I understand what you are saying, but what I meant is:
I did not "intend" to use private/personal ablums in my vbGallery.
My gallery was structured as:
2009 pictures
-> Halloween Party
-> Trip to Beach

etc...
It seemed to work well, but I did recall having the ability to assign a username to new galleries or leaving it blank.

I think by assigning my username to the gallery, when the importer ran - it thought they were all private/personal albums because when I ran the importer, none of those categories (2009, Halloween) were created and all the pictures were listed as personal albums (rather than site categories).

Easy fix, I remade all the categories and am now doing bulk moves from personal albums into the site categories. Just thought I'd let you know of my experiences with the importer.

Still a whole lot easier and well worth the time to get things sorted out. Great product.

Chuck S
November 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
yeah I hear ya that you did not intend to do so but remember vbgallery and photopost have one thing in common. Categories created in the backend are categories. Categories users create on the front end are personal albums. vbgallery and photopost may display them a little different but the core aspect is the same ;)

cory_booth
November 15th, 2009, 12:31 PM
One other minor question...

I got a call from a member, my activities of moving pictures is sending out emails (upto 113 right now).

Any easy way to shutdown email notices until I get done?

cory_booth
November 15th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I commented out function admin_email and mail in the adm-misc.php file. I think that should do it.

Chuck S
November 15th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Turn off notifications in admin options ;)

Dark Lord
January 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
I've installed photopost and manage to import all the old data, it shows comments, views etc and temp thumbs, when I do the database rebuild images I get loads of lines saying

Checking photo #4431: image /home/xxxx/public_html/gallery/data/3/dscn1161.jpg not found, removing from database... done.

Chuck S
January 2nd, 2010, 10:05 PM
did you specify the correct path to import photos in the import script did you have images imported? That error tells me the images do not exist so we are removing that result from the database.

Dark Lord
January 3rd, 2010, 05:48 AM
No images were moved to the new dir, the old one is /files/2/4/9/ the new one /data/3/ so I can't even rename the dir

OMAN_LOVER
January 3rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
where is the support team?

i have sent an email many times to support email but i didn't get any response till date ?!

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
directory names are not the issue. Are you paths correct? Is it just images from one specific albums user what?

Oman any emails sent to us have been answered. If you have a support question then please open a forum topic on your issue.

Dark Lord
January 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
directory names are not the issue. Are you paths correct? Is it just images from one specific albums user what?

afaik all the paths are correct, when it I update it and it says Checking photo #1: image /home/xxxxx/public_html/gallery/data/3/

The 3 dir was never created.

The paths I used were /home/xxxxx/public_html/gallery/data and /home/xxxxx/public_html/gallery/files for the vba files, they look ok don't they?

And it's not just one person it's on all people, also when it's created the categories and I try to upload a pic to them it says file type not yet set, if I try and upload to a category I just made it works fine.

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Is safe mode set to ON on your server?

Dark Lord
January 3rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
No safe mode is off

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Well see earlier in another thread you had a path wrong I see.

Based on you telling me that safe mode is off I would think you either have a permissions issue because permissions need to be 777 or your path is wrong.

On the importer the grabbing of categories we insert the categories via sql and then create the necessary cat file paths like so

$filepath = "{$Globals['phopath']}/$catid";
$filepath1 = "{$Globals['phopath']}/$catid/thumbs";
$filepath2 = "{$Globals['phopath']}/$catid/medium";
$filepath3 = "{$Globals['phopath']}/$catid/mini";
@mkdir( $filepath );
@chmod ($filepath, 0777);
@mkdir( $filepath1 );
@chmod ($filepath1, 0777);
@mkdir( $filepath2 );
@chmod ($filepath2, 0777);
@mkdir( $filepath3 );
@chmod ($filepath3, 0777);

echo "Importing $catname ($catid)<br />";

Thats where the directories are created based on the path your telling the program

So if the paths are not created on importing files you should be seeing lots of errors.

Is it just this one category or all categories?

If its just that one category create the necessary directory and reimport.

Dark Lord
January 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
I've checked and double checked and I'm 99.99% sure the paths are correct, I've checked permissions and they are all at 777 and I deleted everything out of the data dir and nothing got recreated.

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2010, 01:46 PM
Well if you run the import script and your data directories are not getting created then your paths or permissions have to be the issue. There really is no software change I can give you to make that work. Try checking your server error logs to see if you can spot any issues.

Also you can modify the import script and remove the @ off the front of the mkdir lines and run the import script and see if it prints any errors that might help.

This script has been around for along time and been used to import alot of sites.

Dark Lord
January 3rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
this is from my error log

[03-Jan-2010 19:06:32] PHP Warning: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 376
[03-Jan-2010 19:06:32] PHP Warning: chmod() [<a href='function.chmod'>function.chmod</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 377
[03-Jan-2010 19:06:32] PHP Warning: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 378

[03-Jan-2010 19:06:49] PHP Warning: copy(home/xxxx/public_html/gallery/files/4/3/0/petersboat6.JPG) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/scale/public_html/gallery/vbag.php on line 686

Don't know if that helps?

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
well lets see if you can get some more real extended messages remove the @ from in front of those commands in the script and run an import.

Basically thats just telling me what we already know that directory is not being created but its not giving the full error.

Dark Lord
January 3rd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Is it these

@mkdir( $filepath );
@chmod ($filepath, 0777);
@mkdir( $filepath1 );
@chmod ($filepath1, 0777);
@mkdir( $filepath2 );
@chmod ($filepath2, 0777);
@mkdir( $filepath3 );
@chmod ($filepath3, 0777);

I removed them and got no error message

Just a stab in the dark and I don't know if it would make a difference but the line that says No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/ has / before home I know it can make a difference when in SSH but I don't know where it's getting that from to try it.

Thanks for your patience on this

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
Your path should begin with a / yes thats correct.

Like I said there should be no errors with the script directly I have personally used this script to import many vbgallery sites.

The problem as I see you saying is your data directories are not being created which is some permissions issue that can only come from server permissions or a wrong path. Something is failing.

I dont know if I ever saw this answered is it one directory or all data directories that are not created?

You can send me an email through the contact link with full site details I can take a quick look when I get a minute.

Dark Lord
January 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks for your help Chuck it's all working now, I missed / in front of home from the path on the import script

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Well glad me saying it had to be a path or permissions issue many times over helped get ya to spot it ;)

tcbworld
March 9th, 2010, 07:40 AM
It copies all content into photopost. ;)

So it doesn't move the files? Having about 18gb of pictures means that I need to have 18gb FREE on my server? Why not make it optional to move files instead of copy them?

By the way: the import_files part of the importproces caused a 408 timeout. Reloading the page resulted in the same error after waiting quite some time.

Chuck S
March 9th, 2010, 08:47 AM
we copy files.

You can delete vbgallery content after a successful import

I have never heard of a 408 error being reported here but they seem to be a server config issue. I am really not sure I cant give you anything that would help code wise on our end.

HTTP Error 408 Request timeout Explained (http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E408.html)

tcbworld
March 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM
That's a real shame: I purchased photopost because vbgallery isn't ready yet for vb4. And now instead of moving data (images) from vbgallery to photopost, it is copied. I don't have the needed 13gb spare on my server.

And then there's this 408 error......

I really hoped switching from vbgallery to photopost would be smooth. I will ask my webhost if I can borrow the needed extra webspace for just a few days.

Chuck S
March 9th, 2010, 09:30 AM
There is not much I can post to help you in that regard.

You need to have the available space to do an import. The reason you cant just move the files is because what happens if there is an issue in the import.

The files are copied to photopost then you can easily delete vbgallery if you have a successful import. If you move files and have an issue with importing then both applications are messed up thats why files are never just moved.

tcbworld
March 9th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Allright, my webhost was kind enough to double the available webspace, so I gave the importscript another try:

* all steps were processed (comments, exif, etc).
* at vbag.php?action=import_files nothing really happens until about 1 minute later I get the 408 error.

How come nothing happens until this timeout? I mean: what am I supposed to see during this part of the importprocess? A list of files being copied? If that's the case, why am I not seeing ANYTHING until the 408? During that minute there must be some sort action visible? This is the fourth time I run the complete process, and it keeps hanging on this step.

As soon as I press the 'Click here to import files' link, nothing happens, besides the 'waiting for [mywebsite]' message at the bottom of my browser (resulting in the timeout)

The Web server (running the Web site) thinks that there has been too long an interval of time between 1) the establishment of an IP connection (socket) between the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) and the server and 2) the receipt of any data on that socket, so the server has dropped the connection. The socket connection has actually been lost - the Web server has 'timed out' on that particular socket connection. The request from the client must be repeated - in a timely manner.

Chuck S
March 9th, 2010, 11:12 AM
All the import files process does is copy files.

You can send ftp info and url admin login for me to look at it but as previous stated you might need to get your web host to answer why you get that specific server error.

tcbworld
March 10th, 2010, 05:24 AM
All the import files process does is copy files.

You can send ftp info and url admin login for me to look at it but as previous stated you might need to get your web host to answer why you get that specific server error.

Excellent, thanks a lot

I have sent you the logindetails through the support contactforum (pm isn't possible).

By the way: eventhough I received this time out message, there have been images imported. The gallery shows the righ amount of images/MB's used, but most of the images give a 'no thumb' thumbnail, and after clicking no image (but with the right dimensions reserved).

Chuck S
March 10th, 2010, 06:50 AM
yes and it should because you have sucessfully imported everything EXCEPT the files.

when I get into the office this morning I will check

tcbworld
March 11th, 2010, 02:49 AM
yes and it should because you have sucessfully imported everything EXCEPT the files.

when I get into the office this morning I will check

Is there a way that I can see if the import process is finished or halted?

10hours ago I checked how much space was used in the gallery/data folder: 1018MB (gallery/files uses 12011MB). Now (10 hours later), this is still the same. I also see more 'no thumbnail' images, than working ones.

I decided to give vbag.php?action=import_files a spin myself and didn't show me anything but a timeout. The amount of diskspace used by gallery/data changed to 101gMB. So it did move some files until that timeout.

I am running this part of this script through my browser over and over, and after a few hours 400mb has been copied, despite the timeouts (and the lack of information the script is giving me). Is there a better way to run this script, copying those 79k (10gb) files?

Chuck S
March 11th, 2010, 09:34 AM
well have you recieved a response on your issue from your host.

I mean I emailed you asking about that because your issue seems to be from the actual server limitations in trying to move that amount of content. The script already has ramped up PHP memory and a no timeout setting.

Chuck S
March 11th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Like for instance if I inch my way through the import I am over half way up to about 40000 images that have been imported out of 75000 but its your server that is stopping the process not the script.

enorfrog
March 20th, 2010, 11:08 AM
It seems a bit unclear to me whether vb4 is "fully" supported or not.
I really need some help here and I am getting a bit frustrated because the lines are blurred between vb3/vb4 when it comes to photopost. We all know that vb3 and vb4 are not compatible. The photopost software should treat vb3/vb4 as separate applications (just an opinion)

In any case, I have 2 issues. The first is...how the heck do I get the "gallery" button my vb4 toolbar?!

Second, when I run this importer script to import the pics loaded using vb4, I get the following:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/X/public_html/photozone/vbag.php on line 340

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/X/public_html/photozone/vbag.php on line 348

help......please

Chuck S
March 20th, 2010, 06:45 PM
This script is to import vbgallery content to photopost pro. It has nothing to do with vb4 so not sure what thats all about.

anyway your error tells me you have not put the correct vbgallery database information to obtain a successful import check your vbgallery table prefix and database info.

A gallery button on your vb4 is a hack or mod as that deals with vb4 not our application. You can try this

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-mods-pro/141769-photopost-pro-plugin-vbulletin-4-0-a.html

Chris Lang
April 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
OK It imported everything... except the actual files. I am not sure if maybe there is a step I am missing but I enter everything as described. Still not working just transfers the databases but no files.

I am transfering from the latest vbgallery to the latest photopostpro

Chuck S
April 8th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Make sure your full server path to the vbgallery files directory has been entered correctly as well as you have the correct path to the photopost data directory

what is the error you get when importing files?

Chris Lang
April 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I figured it out. The errors were scrolling to fast to read them but I got a quick screen cap and apparently the settings were wrong.

Maybe adding a little more info about how to use would help.

You need to aim vbgallery at /forum/gallery/files and photopost to /forum/photopost/data

---------------------------------EDIT----------------------

However now I get a 500 error

Chuck S
April 8th, 2010, 11:02 PM
You sure you edited correctly and are using FULL SERVER PATHS?

Chris Lang
April 8th, 2010, 11:12 PM
you tell me if this looks right

<?php

//Import configuration

$vhost = "localhost";
$vuser = "***";
$vpwd = "***";
$vprefix = "ppgal_";
$vdb = "VBUpgrade";
$vpath = "/home/vfcom/public_html/testforum/gallery/files";

// Photopost configuration

$uhost = "localhost";
$uuser = "***";
$upwd = "***";
$uprefix = "pp_";
$udb = "VBUpgrade";
$upath = "/home/vfcom/public_html/testforum/photopost/data";

?>

database host/user/prefix/name are all correct.

It transfers about 1000 files and then stops. I currently have over 5000 thou.

Chuck S
April 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM
That may be some server restriction going on there. Do your server error logs give any suggestion as to the real error?

We already have these lines in the script to try and up the PHP resources for the import

ini_set("max_execution_time", 0);
ini_set("memory_limit", "96M");

Maybe your site doesnt allow you to override the default php settings but really cant say without looking at the server.

Chris Lang
April 9th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Sadly it is saying I am not verified so I can't see it.

I tried upping PHP limits even higher. They are set as follows
max_execution_time = 60
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 128M
post_max_size = 256M

Quite high. I will try to change anything you like and if you want can give you access to the server.

Chuck S
April 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
max_execution_time = 60

Maybe set that to 0?

Chris Lang
April 9th, 2010, 10:55 PM
That doesn't seem to work either. I do know that I have quite a few images that are not normal (videos and such) could this cause a problem?

I am trying to think why this isn't working and I can't think of any reason why it is not. If you like I can PM you my server info.

Chuck S
April 10th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I would not think so as all we do is a simply php copy command.

You can send full server info to the contact us link as well as url and admin login I can take a peek if you want.

TruthElixirX
August 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I ran into this problem when importing files:

Warning: copy(/home/content/t/e/s/testeban/html/fordtruckclub/photopost/files/1/5/100_0862.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/e/s/testeban/html/fordtruckclub/forum/photopost_new/vbag.php on line 686

But the path looks correct to me?

Chuck S
August 13th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Is photopost the correct name of your vbgallery directory?

TruthElixirX
August 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Is photopost the correct name of your vbgallery directory?

Yeah, it is actually (I named it that on accident when installing and did not realize it until later, after links were already established). And the new one is photopost_new.

Chuck S
August 13th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Have you tried accessing the file to see what the issue is?

http://www.yoursite.com/photopost//files/1/5/100_0862.jpg

Maybe the photo does not exist?

TruthElixirX
August 13th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I figured out the problem. I was leaving out /forum/ in the path. :\

Thanks

Chuck S
August 13th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Okay no problem glad you got it. Bad path statements would do it.

pakpassion
November 19th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Sorry to sound stupid, but where is the importer for this? I downloaded the two files and tried both files in my browser but I only get a blank page when I run either file in my browser.

pakpassion
November 22nd, 2010, 02:11 AM
Anyone? I need to import my vbgallery pics to my Photopost Pro install.

Chuck S
November 22nd, 2010, 08:33 AM
The importer is in the first post of this thread

You need to unzip them and upload to your photopost directory and make sure to follow the instructions in my post.

pakpassion
November 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
The importer is in the first post of this thread

You need to unzip them and upload to your photopost directory and make sure to follow the instructions in my post.

As I said in my previous post I did that and I got a blank page. I downloaded the files uploaded them to my photopost directory and then called the vbag.php file in my browser like in the screenshot below. I get a blank page. Either I'm doing something wrong or it does not work.

Chuck S
November 22nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
Custom Import Script for VB_Gallery to Photopost (http://www.reeftalk.com/vbag.php)

Strange I downloaded the zip file extracted the two files uploaded them to my server and as you see this is what loads.

pakpassion
November 22nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
I downloaded it again, deleted the other files and uploaded it again. I tried in firefox & IE still I only get a blank page.

Chuck S
November 22nd, 2010, 10:31 PM
Are you sure your uploading correctly as in ASCAII not Binary?

The files have the correct permissions. The config file is 777 and the vbag.php is 644 unless your server requires something non standard?

There is nothing complicated about the actual script here its straight forward php. If the config file is new it comes up with that screen.

ihstiv
March 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
reeftalk.com/vbag.php Custom Import Script for VB_Gallery to Photopost

Strange I downloaded the zip file extracted the two files uploaded them to my server and as you see this is what loads.

When I go to your reeftalk example above I get an error message - and I'm getting the same error on my server. Is this no longer compatible w/ the latest versions of vbg and pp or something?

Chuck S
March 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
any years old examples would not be valid

what exact error are you getting I really can not comment without knowing this ;)

ihstiv
March 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
I think I found the answer reading through more threads here. It looks like vbag.php will only work if the vbgallery had it's content imported from VB3, and not VB4, like mine.. correct?

Markus.B
May 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hello pp community,

I am trying to import my existing 2.4.3 vbgallery into a new 7.1 pp pro (and would like to switch of the vbgallery after this transfer) installation with vb 3.8.3 Forum integration, so far everything went through except the files import on the very last step...

encountered a Server issue because (might be) of the large amount >75k pics to import

OK 200

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at xxxxx and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

after about 15 times trying to get rid of the files import i gave up...
have also tried to set php time from "30 sek" to "0", but it get always lost after about 1,2 - 1,8 GB file transfer,.... i have to import about 7,8 GB

any suggestion are very welcome, what can i tell my host provider, i do have a managed Server...(cant find anything related in my access able logs)
Or is there a known solution to edit the import script accordingly?
(for example: step1 - 500 files + step 2 - 500 files etc.)

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off
magic_quotes_gpc = off (on - no difference)

memory_limit = 64M
max_execution_time (in Sek.) = 30 ( "0" not helps)
upload_max_filesize = 10M
max_file_uploads = 20

extensions = APC on

Php = 5.2.16
Webserver = Apache (cgi-fcgi)

BR, Markus

Chuck S
May 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Your hosting provider is the one who could provide more info here. Your getting a very generic server error there and maybe more info might be in your server logs. This is a very old script so maybe something in newer php that does not like something. although the file import is a simply mysql query that runs through results and does a simple copy command from the vbgallery file to the new pp data destination. There is nothing complex there about that although large copies can take awhile.

fotografo74
May 17th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Chuck, i'm trying import my vBGallery photos but i have this error when importer start:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 316

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 317

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 332

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 334

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 336

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 339

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 340

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/siti/www.m-mstudio.com/macroforum.org/htdocs/gallerie/vbag.php on line 348

Why?
I use vBGallery's latest version e vBulletin 4.1.3
Thanks
Antonio

Chuck S
May 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM
well I cant say if it will work with vbgallery 3 but you can try it

Your errors tells me your not inputting the correct database information asked on the config.

fotografo74
May 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
well I cant say if it will work with vbgallery 3 but you can try it

Your errors tells me your not inputting the correct database information asked on the config.
Where i must put the information?
The file vbag.cnf.php has only this line <? $status="new"; ?>
When i go to vbag.php in browser i have the error...not configuration.
Thanks
Antonio

Chuck S
May 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
well the file should be a config screen. HMM maybe an issue with newer php version this is an old script.

fotografo74
May 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM
well the file should be a config screen. HMM maybe an issue with newer php version this is an old script.
Yes....:(
It does exist a section for paid modifications...? I have budget 100$ for update this importer script.....

Chuck S
May 18th, 2011, 10:15 AM
well this is a vbgallery 2 series to Pro importer just as an reminder.

The only suggestion I have is maybe the contents of your config file this with the proper info of course

<?

//Import configuration

$vhost = "vb db host";
$vuser = "vb dbuser";
$vpwd = "vb dbpass";
$vprefix = "vbgallery dbprefix";
$vdb = "vb dbname";
$vpath = "vbgallery files directory path";

// Photopost configuration

$uhost = "pp dbhost";
$uuser = "pp dbuser";
$upwd = "pp dbpass";
$uprefix = "pp db prefix";
$udb = "pp db name";
$upath = "path to pp data dir";

?>

fotografo74
May 18th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Ok, i try this...thanks. :)
Antonio

EDIT But i must modify vbag.php o vbag.cnf.php files?

Chuck S
May 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Your vbag.cnf.php file would need to be the contents like noted. Also realize as the directions state that config file must be 777 permissions when you try and run vbag.php to update the contents but maybe you did not do that which could also be the root of your evils.

fotografo74
May 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
The cnf file is 777 permissions.
I have modified this cnf file but i have the same error with vbag.php

If i point to vbag.cnf.php i have blank page.
Thanks
Antonio

Chuck S
May 18th, 2011, 11:22 AM
yeah something with your server maybe look at your error logs on the server. blank page is very general you need an error to know how to proceed. Maybe get your host to turn on display errors in php.

fotografo74
May 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Ok Chuck, but i have the blank page to vbag.cnf.php . . . . to vbag.php i have the same error.
The problem is that not connect to DB. . . .
It's not simple update this very important script?
vBGallery now is version 3 . . .
Thanks
Antonio

Chuck S
May 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
This script was written many years ago for a specific purpose when we first obtained vbGallery. That purpose has long since passed and the licensing to the products was merged into one license and new customers can choose what product they want to run.

It was never a script released and supported by the company. I have no plans to develop or support this script. As noted it is released as is. This is a three and a half year old script.

fotografo74
May 19th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks Chuck :)
I have news:
i tried on my test installation of vBGallery and Photopost Pro on my NAS.....and works at 90%....:)
The connection with DB is perfect, the script works ( vBGallery 3.0.1 and Photopost 7.1 )...only problem is that the original files not are in data folder!
Can you see please ? A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery (http://fotografo74.dynalias.org/vb/gallerie)
Why on my NAS the script works almost perfect and on my live site the connection to DB not works? argh......
Thanks Chuck
Antonio

Chuck S
May 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
You will probally have to look at the script but no doubt it probally isnt coded to copy an original image which is optional in vbgallery. In vbGallery there is a thumbnail and a main image. In Pro there is a thumbnail and the the main image. Mediums are optional in Pro.

This old importer is probally only coded to pull the thumbnail and main image.

elyk
July 17th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Just trying this and when I am on vbag.php and go to enter my server path info for Server Path to vbag Data Directory and Server Path to Photopost Data Directory it doesn't seem to take my pasted info.

Is there a character limit set somewhere? Looks to be about 50, unfortunately my server paths are around 80 characters.

Chuck S
July 18th, 2011, 12:01 AM
You would have to alter the maxlength settings for the input boxes on the script from 50 to 100

elyk
July 18th, 2011, 05:20 AM
And it worked. Thanks Chuck!

Chuck S
July 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM
No problem let is know if you need anything else.

Trews
November 19th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Chak could you please confirm, that it is possible or not possible import from vbGallery to PHOTOPOST?
I am pretty much sick and tired using third parties software for my site. At the moment my site is offline koz vbgallery(photopost) is not working properly.
May be you should dedicate your self to ksenoforums and refund vBulletin owners?

Chuck S
November 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM
This little utility should work to transfer content as it states from vbgallery to Pro.

Unless your a software developer you will always use third party software for your site. If you have an issue with vbGallery you might want to post on the support forums about the issue.

Fenriz
May 12th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Does this utility work for vBGallery 2.52, 3.01 and Photopost 8.03?

Chuck S
May 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM
to my knowledge it should work it is not tied to vbulletin in any way it is an external script that queries database tables and copies things over into the photopost database and moving vbgallery files to the proper structure in photopost.

seite7
July 14th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Is this script still supposed to work with the latest version of vbGallery/Photopost and PHP?

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in XXX/public_html/photopost/vbag.php on line 340

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in XXX/public_html/photopost/vbag.php on line 416

Chuck S
July 14th, 2012, 09:26 AM
It should since it is not version dependent. That error says to me that your config info is not correct like for instance your photopost table prefix.

I would suggest you check the script config file and verify the info in there.

alv2937
October 24th, 2012, 03:10 PM
The script works normally. But we have problems with moving of pictures.

Empty folders are created and pictures inside aren't present.

There are no any error messages

Chuck S
October 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM
You need to explain in detail what you mean. This is an old script and released as is.

Provided you have inputted in the config all the proper information any necessary paths should be created with proper permissions and files copied to new locations.

I could not offer an opinion without actual direct examples.

Chuck S
October 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I have not seen a response here and there would be issues present if images are not copied or database entries completed so need to see your site if you want an accurate response.

Regs
March 23rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Kevin

This now supports the originalfile if it exists we import that file. Actually was quite easy bout 10 mins to do. vbGallery stores the originalname as you instructed so no need for fancy coding. All we need to do is a couple if switches when we import the photos.The first post was updated last summer and as far as I can tell, the above change is not in the current uploaded import files.

Can we get this?

The current import file also shows this in the import images section:

echo "Importing $members Photos .... Please wait<p>";

while ($line=mysql_fetch_array($query)) {

for ( $x=0; $x < count($members); $x++ ) {

$pid = $line['imageid'];
$cat = $line['catid'];
$title = addslashes($line['title']);
$description = addslashes($line['description']);
$date = $line['dateline'];
$image = addslashes($line['filename']);
$thumb = addslashes($line['thumbname']);
$name = addslashes($line['username']);
$userid = $line['userid'];
$filesize = $line['filesize'];
$width = $line['width'];
$height = $line['height'];
$filesize = $line['filesize'];
$width = $line['width'];
$height = $line['height'];
$views = $line['views'];
$rating1 = $line['votetotal'];
$rating2 = $line['votenum'];

if ($rating1 == 0 ) $rating = 0;
else $rating = $rating1/$rating2;
$keywords = addslashes($line['keywords']);
$ipaddr = addslashes($line['ipaddress']);

echo "Importing $image<br />";

mysql_select_db("$udb",$u3t);

mysql_query("INSERT INTO {$Globals['photopost']}photos (id,user,userid,cat,date,title,description,keywords,bigimage,width,height,filesize,views,approved,lastpost,rating,ipaddress,thumbname) VALUES ('$pid', '$name', $userid, '$cat', '$date', '$title', '$description', '$keywords', '$image', '$width', '$height', '$filesize', '$views', 1, '$date', '$rating', '$ipaddr', '$thumb')",$u3t);

Note that $filesize, $width & $height are all defined twice? And if they are supposed to be different, the INSERT statement only uses one of them.

I did a test import and everything went well except for not grabbing the original images.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Regs.

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
I believe the file was reattached because it was corrupt and someone tried to use it. I designed the script 5 and a half years ago and thats what was attached. If there was a modified version around I could not say but the script is released as is as stated. I am still in a development phrase right now having had 3 open betas for some time now and just finished up two of the three.

If I get some free time I might look at it for you but it is not something I am promising I can get to real soon. Maybe in a few when the cycle is over.

Regs
March 24th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks.

I just need the original images imported and then I can regenerate everything else based on that.

I would try and muck around with it on my own but I'm no programmer.

Chuck S
March 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Not a problem like I said it will be a little bit before I could look at it. ;)

amymook
April 30th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I am importing vbgallery into a photopost pro installation. I got the photopost/wordpress/simplepress to talk to eachother. I thought I had indicated the vbgallery files/images folder correctly and the target photopost images folder correctly, but I am not seeing any photos or categories after I did the import to photopost. The script looked like it was working, but then there are no pics or categories so I think I might have indicated some wrong folder or?? When I went to try to run the vbag.php script again it did not give me a chance to change the locations of the folders, it went directly to the 'Importing' dialogue. Any suggestions for trying again? thnx

Chuck S
April 30th, 2013, 07:39 PM
well links? I really can not offer advise without seeing what things look like

If you did not get any errors things should have worked so what errors did you get?

Chuck S
July 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/1206159-post1.html

Make sure your using this download as you seem to have posted in the old vbadvanced vbgallery thread as well.

Whity
September 3rd, 2013, 05:33 AM
Warning: copy(/www/files/1/1-img_4568_993115_thumb.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/hosting/www/gallery/vbag.php on line 684
Importing (1-img_4579_662698.jpg)

Warning: copy(/www/files/1/1-img_4579_662698.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/hosting/www/gallery/vbag.php on line 674

I switched on and off safe mode, it does not affect

Chuck S
September 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Your server pathy to the vbgallery files directory is incorrect look at your error message.

/www/files

Your entering that as your files directory for vbgallery

I can not tell you what your proper path is because only you truly know where you have the files directory but if your files directory is right off your webroot same as your photopost install then should your vbgallery files directory be this

/usr/hosting/www/files

your photopost data directory should look like this

/usr/hosting/www/gallery/data

Whity
September 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
At me it turned out very interestingly :), all my files lay in a FILES folder root. The script couldn't find them. It was necessary in manual to scatter files in subfolders: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Chuck S
September 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Yes that would be true as the script as noted in this very thread was not written for SAFE MODE FILE STORAGE.

Therefore you would have to use vbGallery and save the files as normal storage Pro does not work with safe mode on hense any importer written for it would not consider that as an option so it is looking for files where they should be in a normal install.

Subah
October 20th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Hello Chuck,

I am running the vbulletin 4.1.3 with vbgallery 3.01 and now i am thinking to update my forum to 4.2.2 and change the gallery to the Photopost since there is no active developer so should i update the forum them change from vbgallery to PP or first i change from vbgallery tp PP them i update my forum ?

Chuck S
October 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM
You want to update your forum first as you would not want to update PhotoPost Pro twice. ;) The plugins are different for 4.1.3 than 4.2.2.

Once you update your vBulletin to 4.2.2 install Pro correctly and once thats done and operational just run this importer to import your vbGallery content. Once that is done and everything is imported you can remove vbGallery.

Subah
October 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Thank you for reply Chuck

Chuck S
October 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM
Your welcome let me know if you have any other questions.

chediger2074
November 13th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Reporting a bug:

When using special characters in any of the "password" formfields, the import script did not import any data. There's no specific error shown, the script would simply spit out Importing 1 files .... please wait, importing no data.

A bit frustrating to be sure. So I thought I'd report that once I changed the password to only letters & digits - the script works just fine.

J.

Chuck S
November 13th, 2013, 06:00 PM
This script is many years old I am sure it probally needs to be updated for newer PHP's although its released as is I think.

Basically replacing the config field definers with since quotes should resolve that issue

$password = "SOMEPASSWORD";

would look like

$password = 'SOMEPASSWORD';

Olli2k
March 4th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Two problems at the import:
Several categories are missing, I already did the cleaning work, but these cats are not showed up in the Admin panel edit settings. I think it depend on missing parent/child entries on database, as you can see in the screen.
I think best way would be to correct this directly on the database, but I'm still at the trey to understand the logic. Every main categeory needs an entry for all childs and ever child his main cat? What about sub cats for child cats?

Seconmd thing is that my forum is german and all all umlauts looks like "2010 und ÃÂĪlter", is there any way to fix that at the import?

What is best way to redo the import? Or would deleting all tables and reinstall the best way here?

Chuck S
March 4th, 2014, 03:53 PM
This has nothing to do with the import. vBGallery is a little different that PhotoPost Pro so its not going to be exact. The categories your talking about will not be listed under edit categories ever because they are not true admin created category they are personal albums. If you allow users to assign albums to categories they can edit there albums and assign them to a category but these cats would never in Pro show in the categories list only when viewing a category.

It looks to me like they imported fine and should show when viewing the category they are assigned to.

All personal albums are shown on the album index like so

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/misc.php?action=showalbums

Now see albums assigned to categories would show at the top of the category they are assigned to like below.

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/g5-toys-that-go.html

There is nothing wrong with your import you just need to discover how things work.

As far umlates there are FAQ in the FAQ forum that explain issues. your database encoding and page encoding need to be the same so if your page encoding is set to iso-8859-1 then make sure in PhotoPost your database encoding in the config is set to the proper encoding. UTF-8 would not be correct and is the default for a new install.

Olli2k
March 4th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks again for your help,

you are right, I found the missing cats in the user albums, but they are assigned to user, who did not create them and have nothiong to do with this pics. Is there any way for chaning them to admin created ones ?

The charset related topic:
I am a little bit confused, I looked at my vbulletin config file and there is:
$config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8';

In phpMyadmin the database config is:
utf8_general_ci

Looking at an old vBgallery table the collation is:
latin1_swedish_ci

And the new tables of pp are:
utf8_general_ci

So from my point of view, I have to delete all tables of pp, set the config file to $ppcharset='latin1'; and reimport everthing, can you confirm this? Or is there any faster way, to correct everything ?

One notice left:
Tables of pp and vb are in the same database

Regards
Oliver

Chuck S
March 4th, 2014, 05:16 PM
you are right, I found the missing cats in the user albums, but they are assigned to user, who did not create them and have nothiong to do with this pics. Is there any way for chaning them to admin created ones ?

No idea what you mean. We import whoever the parent is in the import script but you can edit in the database the parent field and enter the userid of the real user they belong to.

Well if you view the page source of your vb page the header etc if it has iso-8859-1 then you must set your photopost database encoding to the same from the edit config in admin. If you want to edit the config file directly you can put latin2 on the line.