PDA

View Full Version : Feature Photos

Luella
August 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM
On the Photo Post home page you feature a website called Boxer World. This is a Vbulletin Message board and Photo post has been integrated into it. On the home page of the Box World Message Board you see what is called "Feature Photos".

At one time I had this option on my Message board at http://www.wideberthasmessageboard.com. I am not sure what happened to it, whether it disappeared during upgrades. How can this feature be put back on my message board?

Thank you for your help in fixing my problems with Photo Post and Photo Post Classifieds over the weekend.

Thank you,
Luella

Chuck S
August 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122207

I think that the link you want

Luella
August 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Thank you for sending me the link however I have no idea how to implement it. I will have to place an order for someone to install it for me. I was wondering under what heading I would place this order since it is not an upgrade as such.

If I remember correctly, when I first installed the message board this feature was part of the installation. All I had to do was answer yes when asked whether I wanted "Featrue Photos" on my board. I installed the initial board myself but I would not have known how to install an add-on. Did this become an add-on later?

Thank you kindly,
Luella

Chuck S
August 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Hello you upgraded your forum and blew out any changes to the forum

Yes when we installed your gallery we did installed it for you but as stated you had vb upgrade there forum and get rid of the plugin.

You need to read and follow the instructions to install that vb modification. They should have tutorials on their site how to install plugins

Luella
August 28th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Could I not request an install of this add-on from Photo post which I would be happy to pay for? I am not sure I want to ask Vbulletin at this point since everything that you installed as add-ons were blown away by their latest upgrade. Even my Journal/Blog does not work properly anymore and they refuse to answer any posts I have posted on their forum asking for help with the Journal/Blog repair.

The reason I had them do the last upgrade was because of the note at the bottom an email that I received from Photo post. Someone had forgotten to remove the reference to me from the bottom of the forwarded emails. I guess being referred to as a bother upset me. I really do not intent to be a bother just want my stuff to work.

Whenever I ask them for help they tell me that anything to do with add-ons or missing upgrades after they do an install is not their problem.

Thank you,
Luella

Chuck S
August 29th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Yes they will not even discuss this with you I could have told you that. Your choices are just like anyone else

1. Do things yourself via support which your doing right now where you get answers and do the work yourself

or

2. Pay someone else to do it