PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Classifieds

Luella
August 24th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I paid to have Photo post Classifieds installed by a Photo post Technician. The Classifieds are integrated with my vbulletin message board at http://www.wideberthasmessageboard.com. When I click on the Classifieds link this is the message I get:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'widebert_bertha5@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /classifieds/pp-inc.php on line 188
I cannot connect to the Members database. []

Please help me solve this problem.

It is now possible to have members link from their classified ad directly to their Pay Pal service so that anyone purchasing items can pay members using Pay Pal?

Thank you,
Luella

Chuck S
August 24th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Hello there have been no installs for you in quite some time.

The error you post suggests you have the wrong forum database info in the config file for classifieds

Luella
August 25th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Could you please quote me a price for re-installing Photo Post Classifieds? The error I am getting apparently suggests that I have the wrong forum database info in the config file for classifieds. I, of course, have no clue how to fix this problem and have to depend on a Photo Post technician to fix the problem for me.

Is it now possible for a member to link each individual product they are advertising to their own Pay Pal set up? If a product should sell, can the potential buyer click on a link in the member's advertisement that would take the potential buyer to the member's Pay Pal set up?

Looking forward to hearing from you about the cost of re-installing Photo Post Classifieds.

Luella

Chuck S
August 25th, 2007, 09:04 AM
You have had vbulletin install their forum and create some new database you need to update your classifieds with the proper database info in your config-inc.php file for the user database or you can purchase an install for us to do this

Luella
August 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Since I have no clue how to install proper database info in my config-inc.php file for the user database I suppose I have no other choice than to purchase another install. I will be sending my order in on Monday.

Thank you
Luella

Chuck S
August 25th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Yes I beleive your last vb upgrade probally broke things since they installed things in another database

Luella
August 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
After emailing VBulletin last night, I received this message from them this morning:

"Even though this exceeds our support, I've adjusted the configuration file of photopost. While it can connect to the database now, please be advised that there's still an error message on the page, for which you may need to contact photopost support."
Since I have no idea how to remove the error message at the top of the page, and since it appears that everything else is working fine now, could you please remove the error message?

Thank you,
Luella

Chuck S
August 26th, 2007, 11:36 AM
http://www.wideberthasmessageboard.com/classifieds/index.php

What error?