PDA

View Full Version : seperating photopost and vbulletin

jakaroo
August 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I am currently running vbulletin forum and photopost and they are integrated together. I was wondering if there was any problems in seperating them and running them independently. when upgrading my vbull, i always seem to mess up the photopost, i would like to seperate them so they can be upgraded independently. are there any problems with existing indexing that would mess up existing links throughout the forum??
thanks in advance.
Jack

Chuck S
August 14th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Well the answer depends on what your defination of separating them means.

Do you mean you just want to run Photopost still integrated with the user login of vb but do not wish to use the headers and style of vbulletin?

If so just turn off the 2 vb3 enhanced switches in edit integration in admin and under forum settings in admin set use forum style to no thats all you need to do.

jakaroo
August 14th, 2007, 11:31 AM
thanks chuck, what i really want to do it make it 2 seperate forums, they would need to log on to photopost to use it and to vbulletin to use it.

Chuck S
August 14th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yes you have a big issue it can be separated by tweaking switches in the settings table however the main issue to tackle is for you to write some sort of custom script to import your vb users into photopost.

Without that you may as well delete your gallery and start over because your Photopost has no users they are all in vb.

jakaroo
August 14th, 2007, 12:02 PM
can you not seperate it, make a duplicate member database and just have it pull from the new one??

Chuck S
August 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
No you either integrate with a forum or your a standalone there is no middle ground here. You can turn off the style integration but separating things like you want mean you need to install a standalone photopost

The users exist in the forum so thats where we authenticate from

jakaroo
August 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks Chuck,
not sure what i will do now. my main problem is I need to update vbulletin and photopost but everytime I have done that I have lost data and things were screwy for awhile....

Chuck S
August 14th, 2007, 05:36 PM
There are no issues anyone has reported like that