PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Installation Service

LeMans350z
August 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM
For one of my clients at work, I am recommending that they use your software. I will not be doing the setup myself and need some questions answered.

For this site they will be running a fresh install of vBulletin. The licenses they will be purchasing include PhotoPost Pro, Review Post, and the Classifieds. They will be requesting the "Advanced Installation Service" integration with vBulletin for all three.

A couple of questions:

How long after purchasing the license until you start installing the software on the server?
How long will it take to install all three pieces of software?
What is the feature difference between using GD or ImageMagic? I have used both in the past and GD seems fine. I want to make sure they are not losing any features of ImageMagic that may be beneficial to a potential large community site. I am aware of the setup issues for ImageMagic.
What access to the server is required for the Advanced Installation Service?

Thanks!

Chuck S
August 1st, 2007, 07:18 PM
1. usually within a day or two after we recieve back the paperwork most times same day next day service.

2. All depends on ftp speed of file uploads all that but awile

3. I would use Imagemagick over GD just because it is not part of PHP and you will not run into memory issues with larger files

4. We send paperwork with everything needed