PDA

View Full Version : A Camp Site Database

jimjam
July 27th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Hi I have a VB setup about RVs and already have Photopost Pro Set up (thanks Chuck) Now i want to start on a database that allows members to upload pictures and details of campsites that they stay on , I will need to have various fields when they upload such as Name, GPS coordinates, and ask about different facilities and the address etc. But I want more than a review I want my members to be able to search for suitable campsites by location or facilities.

I want other to be able to add reviews of the camp site. The campsites stored by geographical location so that someone searching would input a county or town all the campsites in that county turn up in the query. Also if someone were looking for a particular facility such as a dog walk area they could include this in there search.

Could ReviewPost do this for me without to much hassle?

Thanks in anticipation

Chuck S
July 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
You can add unlimited fields per category or review/ You can search by distance from zipcode

jimjam
July 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Chuck,

the zip code feature wouldnt work in the UK. Would it? But if one of the fields was a town or county could a search be made to find say all the campsite reveiws in Oxford?

Thanks

Chuck S
July 27th, 2007, 10:57 PM
If you use one of the original 6 extra fields to store towns sure you could search that

The zipcodes would work if you have a UK zipcode database