PDA

View Full Version : tried to change passward

lindabobinda
July 17th, 2007, 08:11 AM
now my gallery is gone! help!!!:eek:

Chuck S
July 17th, 2007, 09:07 AM
You tried to change what password? This would help us alot if you give some more detailed assistance so we can help you. If you tried to change some password in the admin config settings this is nothing you change unless you know what your doing.

lindabobinda
July 17th, 2007, 09:19 AM
well Chuck...this is what i tried to do. i wasn't trying to screw it all up. i just wanted to change the password for the access to admin. how can i get it back?

now i get this message: I cannot connect to the PhotoPost database. [$php_errormsg]

Chuck S
July 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Okay but you did not change the password to admin account. You do that by viewing your profile and changing the password through the edit profile button much like this forum software here in a way

You instead changed the mysql password in admin area to the database

Now to fix this if thats all you did was change that then FTP to your server and in the file config-inc.php edit that file and change the password lines in that file to the proper mysql password to access the mysql database

That should help you

lindabobinda
July 17th, 2007, 09:31 AM
it shows the original password in config.php

i tried to change my password while in the admin settings while in my gallery. i think it was in edit config.

i did not change anything in my webhosting file manager.

Chuck S
July 17th, 2007, 09:42 AM
where did you change the password? In the photopost or in some hosting control panel

lindabobinda
July 17th, 2007, 09:51 AM
i changed it in my photopost gallery admin area.

Chuck S
July 17th, 2007, 10:17 AM
You need to set in the photopost config-inc.php file the correct information to make a mysql connection so edit this file and enter the right info for your server

This is not something we can tell you what is right or wrong only where to change it

lindabobinda
July 17th, 2007, 10:39 AM
ok, i am in config-inc.php...i don't see where i am to change the password...can you direct me to where that is.

Chuck S
July 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM
$mysql_password="";

$password_bb

Personally I would ensure all the information there is the correct information to make a connection to mysql it is obvious with your error that you no longer have the proper info in there

This is as I posted something I can not tell you what is right you need to fix it. I can only tell you where to change it and now you enter the right info.

lindabobinda
July 17th, 2007, 03:59 PM
i am sorry Chuck...i don't mean to be a pain. but i am not exactly sure i am in the right spot. should i be doing this thru my webhost file manager or somewhere else...and if so where?

Chuck S
July 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM
sure you can use your webhost filemanager or your own ftp client sure.

The point here is the correct information to connect to mysql on your server should be entered in the photopost config-inc.php file and right now this is not the case because you entered wrong information. If you do not remember the right info then you will need to go to your hosting control panel under database and update the password for your mysql user to the new password you have in the config file instead this will also fix your issue so either edit the file with the correct information or in your host panel change the information to what is now in the config file whichever works for you. I am assuming here all you did was change mysql passwords

lindabobinda
July 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM
i don't know how to get to my photopost config-inc.php file nor do i know what a ftp client is. i will call support tomorrow to see if someone can walk me thru it. thanks for your help anyway.

Chuck S
July 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Not a problem I would suggest you sent support an email with admin login and ftp login