PDA

View Full Version : Photopost vBGallery question(s)

ssn8r
June 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hello,

I just have a few questions hopefuly someone here can help me out with! as i understand there has been new changes with ownership to vbgallery i have few questions according to the changes and upgrades-

1) i used to own vBAgallery (by vbadvanced) back when i had 3.0.7.. after upgrading from 3.0.7 to 3.6.x my gallery became unfunctional which is understandable..

anyway to know which images in the files folder are assigned to which catgeries so i can pull them out accoridngly and re-catogerize them with a designated gallery..

OR will upgrading to the PhotoPost PHP vBGallery solve this problem and retreive everything from old vgallery as an upgrade and re-categorize them automatically? or will installing the Photopost gallery overwrite and be a whole new empty gallery?

2) Can Photopost vbgallery be purchased on its own? Or do i have to buy Photopost PHP Pro to get gallery?

3) If i bought vBGallery from vbadvanced, can i renew my license here, or do i have to buy a full price

Zachariah
June 27th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Hello,

1) If your gallery is in tack folder wise on uploaded media and your database tables are in tact that held the gallery you should be fine on an upgrade.
If you do a new install vs. upgrade the photos will have to be added again.

The images are stored by userid on the file system.

EX: images for userid 101
gallery/files/1/0/1/image.jpg

2) Photopost Pro and vBGallery are 2 different products. You only need vBgallery.

3) If you are in the records from the transfer I do not see a problem on upgrade cost. Shoot an e-mail to sales@photopost.com with your details and inquiry for more information.

ssn8r
June 28th, 2007, 12:24 PM
thankyou..sent an email

ssn8r
July 1st, 2007, 05:34 AM
hi dudes.. sent the email 2 days ago have had no replies..wondering if you got it or is this business offline on saturdays :) ?

cheers !

Michael P
July 2nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yes, weekends do tend to be slower with the emphasis on existing customers in the support areas. Sales and customer service issues are handled on weekdays.

ssn8r
July 3rd, 2007, 12:10 PM
still havent heard a thing back

wondering whats going on??

ssn8r
July 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
disregard that!! have got the email ages ago! just was checking the wrong addy lol!

will let yas no if i have any hicups

cheers

ssn8r
July 4th, 2007, 12:42 PM
hi!

ok i have opened the zip file and in the readme it doesnt show exactly how to upgrade from the vbadvanced version... it only says from 2.0 to 2.1 or 2.1 to 2.2

i want to upgrade from vBadvanced Gallery v1.0.0 - 9959 (which is currently installed and inoperative) to the current vBGallery 2.2 i downloaded..

which upgrade procedure do i use?

Michael P
July 4th, 2007, 01:23 PM
You need to post in the support forums for continued support - this will require a Verified User account which assumes you have registered on the forums with the same email as your vbgallery license. Once your account is updated, you will be entitled to support.

ssn8r
July 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM
ok thanks
well how do i do that? i just tried to change my email on my current account to my vbgallery licensed email and it says that there is already an account with that email on here.

so i try logging on with my members area user/pass but it says invalid user pass..i tried to retrrieve my password it says it sent it but that doesnt work...

please help i am stuck

ssn8r
July 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM
ok i just done link license in the members area...hope that is the way??