PDA

View Full Version : create an integration

patchcord
June 15th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I am looking at the logins-only integration files you have for the forum software, and only partially understand what their functions mean. Is there any documentation of these functions available?

I need to know Photopost integration principles to program my own logins-only bridge, but have no ideas where even to start.

How the integration works basically? Do you have separate users tables of PhotoPost and let's say phpBB2, and you are duplicating the data, or users information keeps stored in one of these tables - either PhotoPost either phpBB2? Can I read something about the integration theory?

If I would like to connect phpBB2 and PhotoPost, what should I do - change some settings probably, adjsut the database, copy files, something else?.. Can't locate the information for it myself.

Basically, I need to integrate your system with WordPress users database.

Will it be possible that YOU program this kind of bridge within the custom support rates? How much would you charge then for it?

Thank you for reply.

Chuck S
June 15th, 2007, 12:37 PM
There is no hackers guide sorry. This is a support site for the software as is coded and supported. Anyone wishing to hack/code would be on their own with that.

EVERYTHING is contained within that integration file you need. The login authentication to the setting of cookies. To be able to write your own integration you do need a working need of php coding and some work ;)

Not being mean in any way but if you can not follow what those functions in one of our integrations are doing it is going to be very hard for you to write your own integration file. Take your time looking at one of the integration files you will begin to understand what each part does. I wrote over half the integrations we have and can tell they take time patience and work to investigate how the program you are trying to integrate into operates and tearing apart their code and table structures so you can manufacter the functions needed to supply the information our program needs to mesh with the other.

patchcord
June 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks Chuck for your reply.

I owe PHP software project myself (forums system) and it also contains integration into 3rd party programs. This process is fully described for everyone willing to work on it on his own. But first of all, it is described for me willing to spend just 1-2 hours of work to integrate into ANY possible system, without "taking time patience and work" as you say. It all saves me time and customer's money.

So I have an understanding of the concepts and I am not a newbie to understand how your functions work. However I am in doubt will I ever need it.

Saying EVERYTHING is contained within that integration file you need you are wrong. Only first 5 functions contain comments regarding what they do. All other functions are not commented at all. There is also a lot of functions parsing groups - it is not clear at all, what happens if the users definition has no groups? etc.

I've just asked about the theory. I would get with the practice myself, if I would know which way you are synchronizing users data.

If this is a support site, I would be glad if you could give me concrete answeres to these questions (skip the waters please):

1) Upon integration, which exactly users table Photopost uses -this one which belongs to the original database, or external one? I mean - do you duplicate any of the data in TWO tables, or some way just using the external table?

2) Where is it possible to specify, which integration schema to use? I've checked config-inc.php but haven't found any setting specifying this.

3) Will it be possible that YOU program kind of bridge between Photopost and WordPress? How much would you charge then for it?

Thanks.

Chuck S
June 19th, 2007, 09:59 AM
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE AN INTEGRATION FILE IS CONTAINED IN THE INTEGRATION FILE

Thats pretty cut and dry also yes this is a support site we support our product as it is written. If you change those 5 functions accordingly to work then you have a new integration. That is not a function of product support. We follow the same principles as many of the major companies out there like invisionboard vbulletin etc. We do not support code hacking in any form.

1. We use our usergroups table

2. Thats done on install it is setting 41 in the settings table.

3. It is possible but when we would have time for such a project one can not say.

piperxtreme
June 20th, 2007, 11:25 AM
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE AN INTEGRATION FILE IS CONTAINED IN THE INTEGRATION FILE

Thats pretty cut and dry also yes this is a support site we support our product as it is written. If you change those 5 functions accordingly to work then you have a new integration. That is not a function of product support. We follow the same principles as many of the major companies out there like invisionboard vbulletin etc. We do not support code hacking in any form.

1. We use our usergroups table

2. Thats done on install it is setting 41 in the settings table.

3. It is possible but when we would have time for such a project one can not say.

Invision, vBulletin guides you with their DB schema and other documentations. Photopost does not. Sorry to say, you are not entirely correct on this.

Chuck S
June 20th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Well we do too maybe not as extensive as vbulletin. They are like 100 times bigger than us as a company ;) . We have install guides basic operation guides as well as database tables listed here on our site as well. It is all right here on the site pages under support or on the actual support forums.

However as I stated once you get into the realm of altering the code you will not find anything to assist you. This is just how it is. The gentleman above is asking if we have a step by step guide on how to make his own integration and as instructed we do not.

Medar
June 25th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I am working on integrating Photopost with Wordpress...just not as knowledgeable as I need to be (yet). Trying to use one of the other integrations as a tool...just have not gotten it working yet.

I am sure this is a quick hack for someone that knows how to do so and it appears many people would love to see this integration. How would Verified Customers put in a suggestion for an integration? Wordpress is a very widely used program...and swapping to a Wordpress/Photopost setup is much more preferable to me than using Wordpress/Gallery2.

Chuck S
June 26th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Actually they are several quick work. Minimum it takes an hour or two to make one but it can take many days to make one sometimes