PDA

View Full Version : Access to download area.

clothahump
June 7th, 2007, 10:54 AM
My forums were completely wiped so was the Gallery intsallation, I tried to access my download of the script but it turns out I will have to pay for access, surely this is incorrect.
I now own a Licence but have no up to date script.

One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.

clothahump
June 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Unable to install old version I have due to needing 2.2 for vBulletin 3.6.7, anybody know if I can get any sensible help with this problem?

Chuck S
June 7th, 2007, 12:30 PM
You would sign into the members area and download the code.

Now if your members area access is expired because it has been over one year then you need to purchase a members area renewal from the online store.

The quote you have above states the timeframe of the download area given for purchasing a license.

clothahump
June 7th, 2007, 12:50 PM
In other words it is a rip off, a scam etc etc to get more money out of your customers.

clothahump
June 7th, 2007, 12:52 PM
So if my old installation was still running and I needed to update this would cost me more Money???

Chuck S
June 7th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Yes if your members access is expired. If you still had members access you could upgrade yourself for free.

In other words it is standard practice in the software community whether your buying retail or online

Microsoft charges for every upgrade they have retail ever no if ands or buts

Now companies doing online software all have a members area access thing going on. There may be a few freebies out there offering free unlimited upgrades but most times you have to pay a higher price.

Lets see all of the pay forums we integrate operate the same was as us. vbulletin ubbthreads etc

This is nothing new here and is clearly stated on our order page which has said the same thing for over 6 years. It is right at the top of the page so I dont see how you missed this.

clothahump
June 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Before my site was Zapped I had a working copy of the script, I now am unable to install the last version I downloaded from here as it is not compatible, how do I install it???

Chuck S
June 7th, 2007, 01:59 PM
If it is not compatible with the newer version of the vbulletin you need to purchase a members area renewal to gain access to the newer code

Silver_2000
June 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
If it is not compatible with the newer version of the vbulletin you need to purchase a members area renewal to gain access to the newer code
Or install the older compatible version of VB ...

Chuck S
June 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Or install the older compatible version of VB ...

Yeah one could do that although I dont know anyone that would purposely use an older version ;)

Silver_2000
June 15th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah one could do that although I dont know anyone that would purposely use an older version ;)
I guess my point was he was able to get the new version of VB and is upgrading that, which is what caused the problem. I guess Im confused as to why he appears upset with PP

Chuck S
June 15th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I guess my point was he was able to get the new version of VB and is upgrading that, which is what caused the problem. I guess Im confused as to why he appears upset with PP

Yeah especially since our policy is quite the same as vbulletin you need to renew members access to get new code its quite a common policy in the software industry.