PDA

View Full Version : Members Gallery Queston

carwash
May 27th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I'm still confused as to the purpose of the members gallery. It seems like its a feature that can't be turned off.

All I want to have in my photo gallery are a few categories that users can upload photos to. But when you try to upload from the main gallery page of my site, the default category is members galleries, which is NOT what I want the default to be. Changing sort order does not affect this at all.

Is there anyway to just eliminate this members gallery all together? Or to at least change it so its not the default category option when uploading an image.

Chuck S
May 28th, 2007, 01:25 AM
You can set viewing and upload permissions in Admin => Edit Categories

There is also a switch in Index Options to disable the members gallery

carwash
May 28th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I found those options, but even if I disable permissions and choose not to display it on index, when uploading an image the members gallery is still an option from the drop down menu. Worse still, its the default option from the drop down menu.

All I want to do is change/hide this, there has to be a way to do that, right?

Chuck S
May 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
If you edit the members gallery in edit categories and remove upload permissions it will not be in that box which is what my initial reply stated to do. ;)

carwash
May 28th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Aha, it was just displaying it to me because I am an administrator. Thanks for the help!

Chuck S
May 28th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Not a problem