PDA

View Full Version : Importing data into ReviewPost

bob weaver
May 26th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I am considering buying ReviewPost, but I need to know if I can automatically import the products into it. I have a database of more than 5,500 products and I can export the data in several formats. Can I export to a text file, then import the products into ReviewPost? How would this be accomplished? Or does it all have to be done manually, one product at a time?
Thanks for your help.

Chuck S
May 27th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Well if your only importing text not pictures sure. You can use phpmyadmin and in your excel program make a file with the same field format as our products table leaving blank fields where needed and format the info to fit and import that into the products table.

If you need to upload pictures also you need to add those later by editing products or by uploading normally or bulkupload option but that requires typing in all info by hand which you dont want

bob weaver
May 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Thank you for your reply. So I would have to create a text file with all the data, in the order they would go into the products table, then insert that into the table using phpmyadmin, right? How would I know what fields are necessary, in what order they are needed, how the data is formatted for them and how the fields are delimited in the text file? Would I be able to export one product as an example, then build my list of data following the format for that one?

Chuck S
May 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM
The format of our products table is right in the install file so you can match up that by creating an excel file with your data move the fields around and add empty fields where you need and save that to import

How you delimitate fields depends on the type of file you want to import. I beleive phpmyadmin can handle several formats so do whichever one you think is best for you

bob weaver
May 27th, 2007, 12:17 PM
OK, thanks