PDA

View Full Version : 2 Server Support? - 1 for media - 1 for everything else?

Johnny Doomo
May 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Does Photopost support multiple servers, but not one for all files and one for mysql, but instead one for media files and one for everything else?

What about the possible expansion of 3 servers: 1 for website/script files, 1 for mysql database, and 1 for media files?

Are any of these setups possible on new and older versions? Which versions support what?

Chuck S
May 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Hello

No the files must be on the same server as Photopost files unless that other server path is available to Photopost all the time.

Johnny Doomo
May 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
What do you mean by always available? Like if I had an extra domain I wasn't using or bought specifically? Would that work?

I ask because I'm changing hosts and was thinking about a managed host for the website server and an unmanaged host with cheap bandwidth for the media files.

Is this possible?

Chuck S
May 24th, 2007, 06:26 PM
No you are saying multiple servers not multiple domains.

The only to have multiple servers as you note would be like a clustered server from one host where that slave servers paths are always available for our application to access. You can not use multiple hosts and separate the data server from the webserver in most setups. You can have mysql on external servers