PDA

View Full Version : Problem with members database

scalemotorcars
May 24th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Im having a problem with my members database. My photopost is integrated with my VB 3.6.5 and when I go into my gallery at the top in the header it says my correct forum ID but lower down in the gallery it welcomes someone else.

Looks like its picking up the members ID that registered right after me. I had the moderator from my forum also do the same and in the gallery it displayed the members ID that registered after him.

I tried reseting the integration in the admin but nothing changed

Luckily I can still get into the PP admin page using the Super Admin from my forum.

Any ideals? :confused:

Daniel

scalemotorcars
May 24th, 2007, 06:47 AM
OK this is weird

I turned off the integration and it fixed the problem BUT only if I was logged out of the forum. If I logged back in it switches me back to the (1 member off) again. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Chuck S
May 24th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Have you modified anything? Have it configured to use the proper database? Basically the application is going to authenticate the cookie userid so say your cookie bbuserid is 7 its going to pull info for user 7

scalemotorcars
May 24th, 2007, 07:00 AM
I did have a major problem with my forum. Vb had to start a new database then transfer the old data to the new forum.

Is there a way I can go in and manually change the cookie for each member. I only have a few hundred and it may be the easiest way.

Chuck S
May 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I would suggest you ensure in your Photopost config file you are connecting to the proper NEW vbulletin database as you are probally still integrating with the old one

scalemotorcars
May 24th, 2007, 07:13 AM
What a mess. I just got locked out of the admin control. Now I have to log out of the forum then go to the PP log in and log back in there. If Im logged in to the forum I do get the admin link but it keeps tossing me back to the log in page then tells me Im not registered.

Anylay long story short Im back in the admin page for now.

Chuck S
May 24th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Well I cant assist with vbulletin but at any rate when you get your vb fixed up you need to be sure that the database you are connecting to is the proper one vb is using.

The only way your going to show the wrong user's for people is if your connecting to some old improper database

scalemotorcars
May 24th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Thanks I really appreciate the help. Im trying to contact VBsuport now to see if they renamed the database and get the correct path. :D

Chuck S
May 24th, 2007, 07:51 AM
The database info they are using is right in their config.php file which is in your vbulletin includes directory.

You edit the photopost config-inc.php file and make sure the user database info matches their config file info