PDA

View Full Version : Vb3 Frontpage integration

aspire
May 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM
This has probably been asked many times before but I am unable to locate the information.

I have purchased and set up a basic working version of VB3 (still a few 'tweeks' to do) but have set up a basic few different members upon it.

I have also purchased Photopost :) and have it so it is able to load images etc.

Its 'ticking' (ish) with its integration of VB3 with only a few glitches that i feel will be a minor rectification further down the line so to speak.

The next thing that I wish to achieve on my agenda of things to do is to incorporate a VB3 forum onto the same frontpage as Photopost of the latest topics replied to (the 'New Posts' page of VB3 would seem to fit my requirements nicely)

How can this be done? It can even take the place of an existing item such as the one upon the frontpage of photopost at the moment titled 'Category' as I would have no need for that. Or simply add it below or above it. (with its width reduced to fit the space)

As a rough example of a similar frontpage layout of the way I would like the forums on the frontpage to look like can be seen at www.net-model.com

Please be aware that my knowledge of coding at this present time can be written in bold capital letters onto the back of a postage stamp.:confused: :)

Many thanks

Chuck S
May 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
why not use a portal system like vbportal

http://www.phpportals.com

aspire
May 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Is it not possible to do without that product or are you recommending it due to my inexperience with coding issues.?

What is the cost of this product as I am unable to find this on their website link that you gave me.

Thanks

Chuck S
May 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Well with what you want to do unless your going to write your own application you are going to want to buy something that will pull your vb information automatically and allow you to make other blocks you can show say with photo stuff