PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PhotoPost VBgallery

jderouen
May 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Which is best from the standpoint of a vbulletin owner - PhotoPost or PhotoPost VBgallery? I noticed that PhotoPost allows logins vbulletin users to login using their vbulletin name and password, and am assuming that VBgallery offers even more integration for vbulletin. But what? Is there a comparison chart somewhere telling exactly which program offers what?

I run a board for action figure collectors, and mainly need a gallery for users to create their own galleries and then be able to use them to host images for eBay auctions and for display on the forums. I'd also like public galleries that anyone could upload to and use. Will PhotoPost/PHotoPost VBgallery do that for me?

Thanks for any advice you might offer!

Best,
Joe DeRouen

Sakera
May 4th, 2007, 11:15 AM
In my opinion, (i've tried both) the vBgallery is much better integrated with vbulletin (much MUCH better). The integration for the users are seamless, and from an admins view, vbgallery uses vBulletin's template system, users system, and is fully administrable from inside the vBulletin control panel. vBulletins template system are unbeatable, thats what i like the most.

On the other hand, photopost pro is a more advanced product, you have options with it than vbgallery, and itcan me run standalone.

On the other hand, vbgallery needs some more work to be a fully grown up product. It has some problems when it comes to handling big gallery's, and many user groups. Zachery ( The developer) seems to be aware of the problems, and i'm sure he's gonna adress this in later versions.

In short vbgallery is a little thinner to the bone than photopost pro but from the standpoint of a vBulletin owner theres only one choice! vBgallery!

jderouen
May 4th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it! Do you mind if I ask a few more questions?

VBGallery does allow users to create their own galleries, right? (ie: that other users can view but not post to)

Our current, stand-alone gallery, (using the Gallery v1.5.1 software) currently hosts 13,295 images. Would VBgallery be able to handle that?

Last but not least, are their admin-settable options for how much space or number of images a user can have?

Thanks!!!
Joe

Chuck S
May 4th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Here is a comparison of Photopost Pro and Photopost vbGallery

http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

Sakera
May 4th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it! Do you mind if I ask a few more questions?

VBGallery does allow users to create their own galleries, right? (ie: that other users can view but not post to)

Our current, stand-alone gallery, (using the Gallery v1.5.1 software) currently hosts 13,295 images. Would VBgallery be able to handle that?

Last but not least, are their admin-settable options for how much space or number of images a user can have?

Thanks!!!
Joe

yes, users can create their own galleries, but if you have many users, and they are creating their own categories your gallery-gategories admin will become realllllyyyy big :9

vBgallery can handle as many images as you want, no problem! It's the number of categories being the problem, if there are really really many :)

And yes there are user-settable settings for how much space each user can use!

jderouen
May 5th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't need a lot of categories, just a lot of individual galleries. I'm assuming each gallery doesn't have to be in its own category, right?

Sakera
May 8th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Every users gallery becomes a category...