PDA

View Full Version : Integration challenges...

jeromelung4491
April 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I am doing my best to follow the instructions in the document called vB3 Integration FAQ but I am having no luck. Part of the problem seems to be in the file called header-inc.php which seems to have either inaccurate or incomplete comments.

In the FAQ there is a FAQ point called "I cannot get my vB3 headers to work". Under this there is an instruction that reads "If you are doing a new install, then you should uncomment and modify the vB3 section".

When I go in to the header-inc.php file I see NO vB3 section but I DO see one labeled vBPortal, which is fine because that's what I'm using. Here is what it says:

"// vBPortal Integration
// If you want to include the vBPortal header, footer, and left menu, remove
// the "//" slashes from the beginning of the 16 lines of code below, and change
// "/home/public_html/vbportal" to your actual path to vbportal's main directory,
// and change "/home/public_html/photopost" to your actual path to PhotoPost's
// directory. This will override the default header and footer variables set in the
// PhotoPost admin panel."

The problem is that there are no references to this path "/home/public_html/vbportal" it in fact reads "/" and when I change it to reflect my server setup I get an error.

Below that it reads " require("mainfile.php");" but there is NO mainfile.php so I'm assuming that this is intended to mean the "index.php" file. When I do this it in fact gives me an incomplete vBPortal styled, sort of, page.

While I do, of course, need to fix these problems my actual reason for posting this is just so I can see if I'm actually now in the Verified status in terms of being able to read hidden code from the Forums here.

My site is at www.africahunting.com (http://www.africahunting.com) and my PhotoPost installation is here: www.africahunting.com/pictures-hunting-videos/
(http://www.africahunting.com/pictures-hunting-videos/)

Any insight/feedback/ideas appreciated. Jerome

Chuck S
April 29th, 2007, 06:05 PM
The vb3 integration boxes are the first 3 boxes in edit integration right above the vbportal and vb2 switches

You will out the proper server paths and urls where asked and turn on those 3 boxes

jeromelung4491
May 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
The vb3 integration boxes are the first 3 boxes in edit integration right above the vbportal and vb2 switches

You will out the proper server paths and urls where asked and turn on those 3 boxes

Pardon me but I seem to be missing something here. You say "The vb3 integration boxes are the first 3 boxes in edit integration right above the vbportal and vb2 switches"

What "boxes" are you referring to? There is nothing there but code there and no reference to "vb3 integration" in any of the comments.

By "switches" do you mean sections of code that once un-commmented and modified with proper code act to "turn on" functionality?

Why am I not finding the variables $vbpath and $pppath in any code that seems to be ready or commented to modify?

Here are the only references I find:
line 64: chdir($vbpath);
line 270: chdir($vbpath);
line 295: chdir($pppath);

Thanks in advance, Jerome

Chuck S
May 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
The file is config-int.php and you find the switches and paths in that file. You can also go to admin => edit integration to fill those out

big ears
May 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I too am having this problem and can't find the fix. Please help.

jeromelung4491,

Did you resolve this problem? I can't see if it's just a bit of explaining, why the hell the instructions are not in the files you download. You pay well for this.

big ears
May 13th, 2007, 06:20 PM
OK....

When I go to 'edit integration' in the amdin panel and chose yes for the three vb3 options. I go to the gallery homepage and there's nothing there. What's that about?

big ears
May 13th, 2007, 06:23 PM

I've turned on the boxes and got a blank screen, so I'm guessing I need to "out the proper server paths".... where do I do this? In the header-inc.php file right? But where about in it?

Chuck S
May 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
On install it asks you in the last step the server path to your vbulletin forum so we can find the global.php file

Your path is wrong. You need to ensure the $vbpath line is the correct path to your forum in config-int.php or rerun install and place the right paths

big ears
May 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM
OK, so edit the header-inc.php file and change the $vbpath on line 65 to the full path from root? Which changes to path to global.php?

Or change something else?

big ears
May 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Done - www.tilersforums.co.uk/tilegallery :)

OK, so now in my forums homepage (www.tilersforums.co.uk) I have created a category for the gallery slideshow thing and have entered the forum ID in the vbulletin options menu under 'gallery' and it isn't doing anything.

How do I get some images displayed on the forum home page?

I must say: you'd sell a shed load more to vbulletin users if you had some good guides and installation instructions.

Everybody loves your software(?) but they are all aware of the lack of installation guides. Just food for thought.

big ears
May 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Also,

although my new design works for the homepage, it doesn't for the image pages: http://www.tilersforums.co.uk/tilegallery/showphoto.php/photo/6/limit/recent

What have I got to edit to change the location of the forum design images folder?

The images on the above page seem to be linking to a weird URL.

big ears
May 13th, 2007, 10:10 PM
To note, all is well if I don't use search engine friendly URLs. But i'd like to use them if I can.

Chuck S
May 14th, 2007, 06:14 AM
OK, so edit the header-inc.php file and change the $vbpath on line 65 to the full path from root? Which changes to path to global.php?

Or change something else?

No I said in my post exactly what file to edit!

I have no idea what your talking about in gallery options entering some forum id in vb admin that has nothing to do with our software so you lost me there

To display a block of photos on your forum is clearly documented

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122207

big ears
May 14th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks - you helped me fix it :)

Can you help me fix my design too then?

When I use SE friendly URLs my design is find eon the homepage but not when you're viewing a photo or category.

I'm guessing I need to change a setting in related to the forums images folder?

Chuck S
May 15th, 2007, 07:09 AM
In your style make sure all image paths are FULL URL not relative urls in your style

That would of course be in your vb admin styles area ;)