PDA

View Full Version : Some pre-sale questions

TheLastMohican
April 19th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I have a few questions regarding PhotoPost or PhotoPost vBGallery, here goes;

- is it possible to install the PP/vBG script on Domain A and that the image files are on Domain B?
- when one adds a subcategory to a category will the subcategories be automatically sorted alphabetically? What i mean is this;

Category A
Sub CatA
Sub CatC
Sub CatD

i add Sub CatB to Category A, then do i get

Category A
Sub CatA
Sub CatB
Sub CatC
Sub CatD

or would i get

Category A
Sub CatA
Sub CatC
Sub CatD
Sub CatB

this is important for me as in my current setup i have 53 categories and little less 1000 subcategories (only level deep) and that over 15482 images.

- is it possible to upload a ZIP archive to a certain category and PP/vBA extracts the images from it and put's them in the category?
- does PP/vBA follow the installed skin on vBulletin so it looks similar to the forum?

That about covers my initial questions.

Chuck S
April 19th, 2007, 10:53 PM
The image files are stored on the same server the software is installed on

As far as categories they are automatically entered as in your last example since the catid is larger

You can sort your cats however you want then so just sort your subcats and display then as you wish

TheLastMohican
April 20th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Chuck, thanks for the quick answer.

Then would it be possible to have for example vBulletin on Domain A and PhotoPlog on Domain B?

If i understand it correctly then subcats can be sorted with the click of a button in PP and vBA, correct?

Chuck S
April 20th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Photoplog?

1. You can have photopost pro on another domain besides vbulletin however you can not use the enhanced integration and your vbulletin server would need to allow external mysql connections. vbgallery in no way can be installed on any other domain except with vbulletin

2. photopost pro you can sort subcats as you wish. Not sure what you mean by vba as we dont integrate or claim integration with vba products. Our products integrate with vbulletin.

TheLastMohican
April 20th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Photoplog ... hmmm well my mistake B=0 . Well i'm also looking at other options. vBA should off course be vBG

Okay i understand, so the easiest way with the least hassles is on the same
domain. Don't think there are a lot of hosting providers who allow external
mysql connections.

Thanks again for you answers.

I'll make a decission on which gallery to use in next month or so, as i'm now moving my domain to a new host and have to setup/import/test vBulletin first.

Chuck S
April 20th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Don't think there are a lot of hosting providers who allow external
mysql connections.

Actually thats not exactly correct. Most webhosts you can setup external connections just ask when looking for hosts.