PDA

View Full Version : Instead of directed to classifeds page, what about forum index?

dbirosel
April 15th, 2007, 04:01 AM
I love the whole classifieds but got a question before buying. My members usually love to see the classifieds listed on the forum index. For some reason having a link that says classifieds doesn't get so popular. So i was wondering if it's possible to have the forums and style of the pp classifieds INTO the forum index?

Thanks!!! :D

Chuck S
April 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
You can place blocks of ads and the categories block on the forum index but those are always going to take you to the classifieds program which is in a different directory of your site

dbirosel
April 15th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Has anyone done what i am talking about? I would love to see a demo of this.

So if you create the categories on the forum index, and click the category it won't direct you to that specific classified?

Because what i want to do is with the same format as the /classifieds/ (picture icons, information of ad, etc.) into the forum index. So it looks more appealing instead of a link.

Do you guys know what i'm talking baout?

ArchangelX
July 14th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I know this is a bit late...but couldn't you just create duplicate categories within your forum as normal, then just put the link to the Classified category in the URL Redirect part?

That way, the Classifieds will almost seem like they're integrated into your main forum?

I'm going to try that at least. :)

They might not be able to see what's posted or available, but it does connect the two together much better.

Personally, I'd like to see the Classifieds have the option of being integrated into the Forums Main Page as well. :(

Chuck S
July 19th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I personally would load the inc_classifieds plugin to show the classifieds list on the forumhome