PDA

View Full Version : Forum Access

bigwater
April 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
This is not exactly a "before you buy" question, but since my user ID does not have "verified customer" status, it appears that it is the only place in the entire board I can post a question.

I am an administrator for a VBull forum that uses PP. The owner of the board is registered here and does have "verified customer" status. He does a certain amount of administration on the board, but when it comes to the nuts and bolts... the under the hood issues... he relies on me to handle it.

Not having "verified cutsomer" status puts a severe cramp on my ability to administer PP for the owner. We have a current issue which could possible be resolved by an existing thread, but of course the code box can only be viewed by verified customers.

What does the owner (your verified customer) need to do get get me added to a user group with appropriate permissions to be able to support him?

Chuck S
April 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
There is not much he can do other than to set the contact email on his license to a generic one that you can use and let you become verified and not him.

bigwater
April 2nd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Okay. I'll point him to this thread and let him do whatever he see's fit. It seems sort of restrictive on customer's ability to support the software, but hey... it's your licensing structure so who am I to say?

Thanks for the quick response.

Chuck S
April 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Well not really as we support our customer since he is of course a verified customer. You are not our customer and that is where the difference comes in here. We do not provide support to non customers or allow them to see code blocks only authorized for customers to see.