PDA

View Full Version : Photopost Development

Exitilus
March 29th, 2007, 12:30 PM
It's been a while since a Photopost release so I'm kind of curious if we can get some hints what we might see in the coming version(s) ? :)

Chuck S
March 29th, 2007, 03:54 PM
There is no active beta at this point. I do know we will most likely be releasing a bug release sometime soon.

We have slowed down to a more industry standard release rate on new development in the past year. Releasing new versions every 3 months was kind of counter productive versus having 2 releases a year and longer beta periods to thoroughly test things.

Michael will post something when he gets close to opening a beta and some things to expect.

Exitilus
March 30th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the information :) I was just curious. I understand the idea though. Allows for more feature releases and more of a fully tested product :) Can't wait to hear what may come up in the future :D

big.blue
December 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM
When Photopost was installed over top of my vBulletin, I kept Pictures and Albums in vB so members could have a direct link between albums and their profiles. This is still very popular with members. Members do use PhotoPost but not nearly as much. If Photopost could add a feature in members profiles that had a direct link back to the vB members profile I'm sure more members would use it. PhotoPost offers so much more. Members never use the profile page in PhotoPost. On my site anyway, they like having access to the profile they created in vBulletin. Would really encourage this for future upgrades.

Chuck S
December 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
This is an extremely old thread here. My suggestion would be to try the new Pro 8 beta as all profile links go to the forum if the new vb4 plugins are installed in vb.